Next Generation Emulation banner
1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
i use epsxe 1.6.0 now
all the game works fine with my controller except with FF6
i play the game from a cd the intromovie i can skip with the controller there after i cant do nothing more

thnx for the help and btw nice site

·
Registered
183 Posts
Well first off, F5 is a switch so pressing it an even number of times is the same as not pressing it at all...
Second, if you can skip the intro movie, SOMETHING is working on the gamepad, unless you are using a key that isn't on the pad to skip the movie.
Third, is it still displaying and playing sound at the point you can't do anything?
Fourth, can you map the keys to your keyboard and it work?

·
...and now they do.
20,002 Posts
if it weren't for my bad memory, i could say this more confidently, but i vaguely remember that one of the FFs from the ps1 remakes didn't work properly with 1.60 and that 1.52 was needed.

·
Registered
654 Posts
I have been able to run all the Final Fantasy games with 1.6.0 with my gamepad.

One thing that I believe can cause problems is if you're using a profiler that maps gamepad buttons to keyboard keys, then using keyboard keys in the ePSXe controller mapper. Instead you should turn the profiler off both when setting up ePSXe's controller and when playing. Program the controller buttons directly into the ePSXe controller mapper, that will work fine.

Dan

1 - 9 of 9 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.