1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
75 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Could someone be kind enough to explain the following situation:
Epsxe1.60 requires some plugins that can be downloaded at
http://www.ngemu.com/psx/epsxe.php?action=plugins
The windows version offers 9 input plugins for downloading, but when I run Epsxe ( with at least 1 video and 1 sound plugins + some input plugins in the plugins directory ) , none of these controllers plugins show on the configuration screen ?? )
On the other hand, I run Epsxe1.6 Linux version ( great stuff ) and the controllers plugins option is shown in the configure menu.
Do I miss something ???
TIA for any reply, even the RTFM one :)

·
邪魔ゎ指せない
26,303 Posts
ePSXe 1.6.0 Windows does not yet support external pad plugins. It's intenal pad system is more than adequete anyway.
The pad plugins can be used with other Windows plugin based emus like PSXeven, PCSX, AdriPSX and the old PSEmuPro tho.

·
Registered
75 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
ePSXe 1.6.0 Windows does not yet support external pad plugins
Thanks for making things clear. The confusion is caused by the ngemu website. It lists exactly the same plugins , no matter which emulator is selected. Maybe they should make a distinct plugins list for each emulator.

I asked the question because I have no problem at all with epsxe using the playstation controller and an USB adapter, but have trouble with my logitech driving force wheel ( the official PS2 wheel ).

As suggested , I downloaded and installed the following emus: Psxeven and Pcsx. But their controller plugins didn't solve my problem.

Thanks for taking the time to reply Lord Kane.

·
<font color=#FFFFFF><b>the only one you've ever SE
21,977 Posts
It lists exactly the same plugins , no matter which emulator is selected.
the reason they display all those plugins at once is because they are based on the same system. epsxe, pcsx, adripsx, etc etc all use the same plugins, which are based on the old PSemuPro.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts