Next Generation Emulation banner
1 - 20 of 45 Posts

·
Registered
214 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Which will be good for playing games on pc a gamepad or Wii Remote and Nunchuck?I think a gamepad won't be good.Because a gamepad can't support all games and after a new operating system comes out it won't work anymore.On the other hand a Wii Remote and Nunchuck will work with all games if proper script is given.And I won't have to look for scripts for every game.I will just have to find a few scripts such as for FPS,Racing,Action,Adventure etc.The Wii Remote and Nunchuck works through a bluetooth adapter.So when a new operating system comes out I will have to just change the bluetooth adapter.Than they will work again I think.So the Wii Remote and Nunchuck are also future proof for gaming on pc.I think they will be good for pc gaming.What do you think?

·
Registered
7,340 Posts
The xbox 360 controller is by far the best PC controller. Not because it's already a decent gamepad, but also because it's supported by nearly every Games For Windows game out there. No mapping required.

edit: you're not going to find much practical use for a wiimote and nunchuk outside of Dolphin. I'm sure you're excited about trying it, but a 360 gamepad would serve you overall much better.

·
!
6,312 Posts
Are you ****ting me? , Wiimote + Nunchuk thing = Worst Controllers i have ever seen. as BOB said , 360 controller is the best controller for Windows because it has Sensitive feature , after it , Saitek and Logitech Cordless Rumblepad 2.

This One is Rulezzz

·
Your resident reaper...
6,031 Posts
Motion sensor isn't racked up as it is to be as Spyhop said.

After using the motion sensor in Heavenly Blade...I knew it was going to flop. It was Sonys quick answer to the Wii mote. Don't get sucked into it. It's actually a lot more annoying then fun.

If you want motion when playing games, just go grab a Wii like everyone and their grandma :)

·
Registered
214 Posts
Discussion Starter · #13 ·
Will the Xbox 360 controller support all the games listed below:
6.Crysis:warhead
7.Doom 3
8.Doom 4
9.Call of duty 4
10.Call of duty:world at war
11.Brothers in arms:Hell's highway
12.King kong
13.Blacksite:Area51
14.NFS:Carbon
15.NFS:Undercover
16.NFS:Most wanted
17.Bioshock
18.Farcry 2
19.Lost Planet:Extreme condition
20.Half life 2:Episode 2
21.Prey
22.Beyond good and evil 2
23.Street fighter 4
24.Tomb raider:underworld
25.Quake 4
26.Fifa 2008
27.NHL 2008
28.Knight rider 2
29.Resident evil 4
30.Alone in the dark
31.Condemned:Criminal origins
32.Race driver:Grid
33.James Bond 007:Quantum of solace
34.Fear
35.Fear 2:project origin
36.Medal of honor:Airborne
37.Silent hill:Homecoming
38.X-men:Origins
39.Batman:Arkham asylum
40.Bionic commando
41.Halo 2
42.Prince of Persia:The two thrones
43.Prince of Persia 2008

·
Curiously Cheddar
2,077 Posts
The Xbox 360 controller is the most logical choice, but if for some reason you'd rather not use it, I suggest the Saitek P2600.

·
Registered
235 Posts
wow, what fanboys we have here, buy a ps2 adapter on ebay, get a ps2 controller, it's simple as that. Your into fighting games, good for you, into fps I wouldn't rely on it since you have a mouse and keyboard, but for anything else it does the job for you.

·
Registered
214 Posts
Discussion Starter · #18 ·
But I think playing FPS games with the Xbox 360 controller will be hard.It will become difficult to look around and aim.But with the Wii Remote it will be very easy I think.

·
Registered
7,340 Posts
wow, what fanboys we have here
It has absolutely nothing to do with fanboyism fool. I don't even own a 360, I don't care for it. But Microsoft is really pushing their "Games for Windows" brand. Part of that brand is compatibility with the 360 pad. Many games released now come already compatible with the 360 pad. No button mapping required, vibration works, etc.

1 - 20 of 45 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.