Next Generation Emulation banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
i have installed and configured epsxe, complete with plug-ins, and have run the titles of a game, but i cannot configure my keyboard or gravis xterminator controller.
please can someone help me with a simplistic configuration walk-through?
cheers

·
Registered
1,208 Posts
I don't understand the problem.
Don't you find the Dialogue for configuring the controller or won't the buttons work?

·
Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
no, i found the configuration screen ok - i just can't get either the controller or the keyboard to do anything.
tell a lie - the up and down arrows allow me to switch between the 'game' and 'options' options on the game's (quake 2) menu immediately after the introductory screens, but i can't get into either at all.
sorry if i'm being thick - it's only sounds as though i know what i'm talking about!

·
Registered
12 Posts
Controllers in general

I had a major problem configuring my controller also. However, I was running an earlier version of ePSXe.

Firstly, I tried brands that had a similiar configuration to the PSX controllers or at least the same amount of buttons.

Some controllers had a programming code you implement into the buttons. (You know to do all those super tricks) This option didn't work to well, my settings kept disappearing.

Other controllers that did worked lacked a workable amount of buttons to play the game decently.

The closest I came to finding something similiar to the playstation controller was a microsoft controller, although it does lack the F3 & F4 buttons as well as the start & select option it does work perfectly.

I considered trying a PSX controller adapter,

Heres my question:
Has anyone tried one of these adapters that you can buy at the MOD sites? Any difficulties getting your controller to work?

Thanks in advance for any responses
Dock

1 - 7 of 7 Posts