Next Generation Emulation banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Well..

I'm currently doing a little project of mine. The plan was to have the possibility to connect four n64 controllers to my PC (so i can play 4player Goldeneye ;) ).

Have done a little research, and i found this page:
http://home.t-online.de/home/stephan.hans/n64.htm

Just wondering if anyone has tried to make this (for 4controllers), and have the schematics for it(want to get it right the first time).

And yes, have seen alot of USB-adapters out there, but where's the fun in that? ;)

·
Registered
2,441 Posts
the directpad pro driver only supports 2 controllers simultaneously afaik and only runs in win98. there have been drivers/hacks for the other windows versions but i have not heard of n64 support for those..

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
"With dpadpro 5.0 you can use up to 4 n64 controller interfaces at a single printerport."

I have downloaded it, and will try it on w98 as soon as i get the parts... Thinking about using win 98lite for fast boot etc.

This computer will also function as a tv-tuner, dvd-player, emulator for different kinds of consoles(?).

·
Registered
2,162 Posts
You will have at lest one issue (I haven't looked at the schemetic so it may be taken care of in it.) But there is no way your Printerport can Power 4 N64 contollers... Analog alone eats power. Even a single N64 controller can possible not function without external power on some Printer ports....

·
Registered
2,441 Posts
razer said:
"With dpadpro 5.0 you can use up to 4 n64 controller interfaces at a single printerport."

I have downloaded it, and will try it on w98 as soon as i get the parts... Thinking about using win 98lite for fast boot etc.

This computer will also function as a tv-tuner, dvd-player, emulator for different kinds of consoles(?).
my bad. i guess when i built it, i only had 2 to worry about. as for power, it is fairly easy to inegrate an external source in the design, such as a dc adapter or even a molex plug from the psu.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts