Next Generation Emulation banner
1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Registered
11 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Title says it all, I haven't tried on any other games on this computer but it feels strangly choppy in certain areas while in others less, tried plugins from the default ones to the glide64 one and all with the same result.
The computer's specs are:
Pentium Dual Core E6300 @ 2.8ghz
4GB RAM
HD4850

Hope I can get some help here

·
Banned
23,263 Posts
Its the core, not much you can do at this point. Its just one of those games which really nails the hardware,

·
Registered
11 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Hmm considering it worked better on a computer that is 10 times slower than this one i'm having a hard time believing it's true... although Mario 64 does seem to work fine

·
Banned
23,263 Posts
exactly why its an issue in the core :rolleyes:

·
Registered
1 Posts
yeah i have the same prob

the key to fixing this problem is just as simple as you think
just use the newest version
i think 1.7 leaked and it worked for me
i dont know where its at
im sure you can find it
just google it if you really want to CBFD

its project 64 1.7

·
Registered
1 Posts
I had the exact same problem with a Core 2 Duo E8500 + NVidia GTX 260. The 1.7 beta didn't help at all. I eventually got it running smoothly by changing "counter factor" to 1 in rom settings. If you're still having this problem, try that and see if it works.

·
Registered
11 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
I had the exact same problem with a Core 2 Duo E8500 + NVidia GTX 260. The 1.7 beta didn't help at all. I eventually got it running smoothly by changing "counter factor" to 1 in rom settings. If you're still having this problem, try that and see if it works.
Oh god thank you, it actually worked :) no more lag or FPS slowdowns ingame.

·
Registered
645 Posts
They is also a diffrence in emu as well project64 1.7 beta works better with some games and project64 1.6 work better with overs!

Take goldeneye on a very good pc PJ64 1.7 runs very slow... try it on PJ64 1.6 and it runs very fast weard!

·
Banned
23,263 Posts
" Take goldeneye on a very good pc PJ64 1.7 runs very slow... try it on PJ64 1.6 and it runs very fast weard! "

Wtf are you smoking, Golden Eye is faster then ever in 1.7 o_O

1 - 15 of 15 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.