Next Generation Emulation banner
1 - 17 of 17 Posts

·
Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
i've used the search engine on this forum thoroughly but ca't seem to find what i'm looking for.

i've downloaded a driver that makes the pad work on the pc, it works when i test it out on control panel, but the only problem i'm having is that it doesn't seem to appear in the list of pads when i go into configuration on epsxe. can anyone provide me with a link or solution to the problem please?

·
Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
thanks, but one last thing, when configuring the buttons, do i just leave that mapping as it is and if not, how do i configure the buttons? when i click on any of them to change them they say things like "J1_ZX" etc..

·
Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 · (Edited)
that's what i'm asking, how do i do that :p?

EDIT: never mind figured it out, but still having a problem configuring the d-pad buttons though and the analogue sticks, whenever i press them the button configurations don't change, any help?

·
Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
must do, tried the libusb dirvers before and they never worked at all, read up on them and apparently they don't work on vista.

it's configuring all the buttons except the d-pad ones and the analogue sticks, well moving the analogue sticks anyway, they configure when i click them down, any ideas?

·
No sir, I don't like it.
5,547 Posts
A properly set up PS3 controller connected via USB will look something like this:

Also, I had to press F5 in-game to switch to analog mode.

EDIT: I'm using libUSB and they work in Windows 7, so they should work in Vista.

·
Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter · #14 ·
yeh i've got all the same, i'm just havin trouble configurin the d-pad and analogue, whenever i press or move them, nothing on the configuration screen changes. but they both work when i try them in control panel.

·
No sir, I don't like it.
5,547 Posts
Give libUSB a second shot. It didn't work on my system at first, but one of the included files must be run whenever you want to use the PS3 controller.

See the file highlighted in the pic? That needs to be saved someplace safe. You must install the libUSB drivers, plug in your PS3 controller, run that file, then press the PS button.

·
Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter · #16 ·
havng a problem with that, when i open the ps3sixaxis.en thing, when it opens up i get a message saying it has stopped working, and get two options:
to check online for a solution
and to close the program.

what do i do here?

·
No sir, I don't like it.
5,547 Posts
So you installed libusb-win32-filter-bin-0.1.10.1.exe and then plugged in your PS3 controller before running ps3sixaxis_en.exe? If you did all of this in the precise order it should work.

You uninstalled the old driver too, right? The non-libUSB one?

If it still doesn't work, you can try right-clicking ps3sixaxis_en.exe and try running it in compatibility mode for XP.

Otherwise, you may just have to use a different controller. :(
Logitech makes a pair of controllers that look and feel very much like a Playstation Dualshock controller. One version has rumble and the other version doesn't.

1 - 17 of 17 Posts