Next Generation Emulation banner
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
First of all it's great to see the project evolve, now if I may ask, why is it that xbox seems like the blacksheep of the emulator community? Is gc just that much easier to write for? Do developers just love super mario sunshine that much? Well just curious I suppose, I really appreciate everyone who is developing these emulators so I can play my games again (shoddy xb dvd-drive). Just remember the community is behind you.

·
Premium Member
6,071 Posts
That's a good question. There have been many explanations and theories for this. There are some that always use the lame and over-used excuse "every good game has a PC port". Whether that's true or not, there are some games I'd rather emulate than have a PC version of (Halo is a good example so I can play Co-op on my laptop). I can think of many Xbox exclusive games worth emulating as well (we get requests for JSRF alot). Other excuses are "there were no good game for Xbox", "just download games and play them on your hard drive (which defeats the purpose of emulation)", "there aren't enough RPGs", and the list goes on.

There are some emu authors that only work on these emulators for the recognition (sad to say that what it looks like to me). When you're an Xbox emu author, your work doesn't get appreciated much. I really don't care about popularity and stuff like that (this isn't high school, dammit). TBH, I could care less that I'm the only one actively working on this (as I prefer to work alone most of the time). I love Xbox1 with a passion, and I'm willing to do what ever it takes to see it emulated! The thought of emulating all of those complex chipsets puts a cheezy smile on my face :D So in the end, I could care less what game has a PC port, as long as that game works, it paves the way for more games to be playable. Thanks for your appreciation!

·
将軍
558 Posts
Hey shogun theres a lot of people who apreciate your work but I guess they need to say it more frequently, I`m one of those.

As for the game having a pc port or not I think like you that I love to see a game umulated than a pc port, don`t misunderstand me, I like pc ports but I like even more emulated games.

So keep it up the good work and don`t forget that there is a lot of people following your work :).

1 - 3 of 3 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.