Next Generation Emulation banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I have a similar thread posted over in the dolphin section of this forum. Having trouble running that emulator along with isos, which is the same case I'm having with pcsx2. First I'll list the games I currently have.

God Of War PAL
God of war 2 usa
Gungrave 1 pal
Gungrave 2 usa
Extreme G 3 usa
Stuntman 2 usa
Urban reign pal
sled storm 2 usa
Resident Evil code veronica usa
Metal gear solid 3 subsistence usa
Genji pal
Devil may cry 1 usa
tekken 4 usa
freekstyle usa
shadow of rome pal
stuntman 1 pal
splashdown 2 usa
nba street 1 usa
nfl street 3 usa
Rise to honor pal
nba street 2 usa
and a few others.

According to my specs I should also be bale to use the pcsx2 emulator at decent speeds. But the few titles that I have tried have all played choppy with sound errors and low frame rates. I've tried playing them as isos mounted in daemon tools, and directly from my disk drive. Any tips?

(my specs)
Processor: AMD Athlon(tm) 64 X2 Dual Core Processor 4200+ (2 CPUs), ~2.2GHz
Memory: 2046MB RAM
Card name: NVIDIA GeForce 8600 GT
Display Memory: 1269 MB
Dedicated Memory: 501 MB
Shared Memory: 767 MB
Current Mode: 1360 x 768 (32 bit) (60Hz)

·
Banned
23,263 Posts
sorry, no.

you're cpu lacks SSSE3 and is running at a Sub 3Ghz speed. regardless on that processor arch you would need to be running atleast 4Ghz to even come close to the C2's performance at 3Ghz

·
Standing by...
59 Posts
You should be able to take it right around 3GHz with stock cooling, just keep an eye on it's temperature with each step up.

Unfortunately, what Squall said about *SSSE3 (correction :p) is right. The emulator was mainly designed for Intel exclusive instructions, so we're pretty much out of luck on this one.

Modern AMD processors are capable of the SSE3 instruction, but it's not supported by the emulator. You should do reasonably well at 3GHz with many games though.

·
Banned
23,263 Posts
...never seen a 4200 get over 2500mhz.....

·
Standing by...
59 Posts
Really? I've taken my 3000+ to 2.2GHz without tweaking the voltage settings, and as far as I know, the 4200 runs cooler.

3GHz seems quite plausible, unless there's a lock I'm not accounting for (which now that I think about it, there probably is).

1 - 5 of 5 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.