Next Generation Emulation banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
So I got all the stuff ready last night and played for maybe 5 minutes before I decided I was too tired to get into the game I wanted to play. However, it was all working just fine except I hadn't had a chance to test saving to the memory card.

Today I go to play and NOTHING works. When I try to run the game it says that my video plugin is not configured, I go to the config-video plugin and it won't even display the plugin that is in the folder and has been since yesterday when it worked. It just pulls down a blank drop-down menu. I've tried rebooting and that didn't work either.

So, I tried the configure wizard, and it says I don't have a psx bios in the folder but I've checked and its still there where it was yesterday but.. it won't find it in the wizard. But when I go to configure-bios, I can browse and select the BIOS. Unfortunately when I try to test it with file-run bios it gives me the video plug in error...

So what do I do? I'm so confused because it worked just fine yesterday and I haven't switched anything.

·
Banned
23,263 Posts
right click the shortcut
click properties
on the 2nd tab, make sure the directory that epsxe is in, is specified in the Start Directory box.

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #3 (Edited)
shortcut?

Which shortcut? I pinned it to my start menu, do you mean that?

oddly enough its now working, when I accessed the program directly rather than from the start-menu short cut I could access the video plug in, I guess that's what you were saying and I didn't get it. I will just not use the short cut in the future I think, I hope that the memory card doesn't suffer from these kinds of bugs though =(

·
God of Douchebagness™
9,826 Posts
no you can use a shortcut but as squall said, you first need to make sure the start-in field in the properties menu of it is entered correctly, this why your shortcut is doing that atm and the actual exe is not.

·
Heroes Might& Magic Champ
4,713 Posts
In the future to create a new shortcut to your desktop one easy fast way to do it is once you find the exe, right click it to bring up the dropdown menu, then go to 'Send to' -> then click 'Desktop'.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts