Next Generation Emulation banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi,

What settings should be used to play Shenmue as perfectly as possible? It works pretty well "out of the box", but I have a couple of problems. Shadows and some other textures on the ground can flicker, and the speech audio quality seems worse than it should be. Although this could just be my memory failing me, the speech quality seems a lot worse compared to the rest of the game, was this the case for the original?

·
Registered
12 Posts
The flickering stuff is pretty much unfixable, I think it's less like that with the Chankast video plugin, but it performs poorly compared to NullDC PVR. About the speech quality, are you using a gdi? If so, I found something weird about the speech when using the gdi as compared to the echelon rip (don't kill me for mentioning echelon). I'm sure shenmue II was better on the 1.0.0 beta.

·
Registered
2 Posts
I am using GDI versions of shenmue 1 and 2 myself allong with nullDC 1.0.3 and I am noticing a VERY BAD speech quality (although the rest of the audio is more or less fine) I am on vista so I set the nullaica buffer to 2048 (which fixes overall sound issues) but the speeches in shenmue are still as bad as before.

P.S. I am currently running on a E6550 core2duo with a Geforce 8600GT and 2GB of ram.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts