Next Generation Emulation banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
125 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I'm currently playing FFVIII using Pete's DX6 D3D v1.49 plugin. The problem is with the battle sequences. It's too slow. Even the very start of a battle takes forever to finish. I'm talking about the transition between the main game world and the battle sequences. It's the momentary stop while you're walking and then enter a random battle (when the screen flashes white) :confused:

Got any tips (especially TNT2 users)? Thanks!

·
Registered
1,830 Posts
I haven't tried FF8 on epsxe, but It seems like you are talking about the part where the screen swirls around before a battle. If so then the problem isn't your card, but I don't think there's anything you can do to the GPU plug to make those parts any faster/better. You may have to live with it till improvements are made.

·
Registered
125 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Yup, that's what I was talking about. So I guess I just have to live with it. Too bad... Thanks anyway.

·
Entity Alpha
75 Posts
There is a problem with FF9, also. You're supposed to disable something, but I forgot. Maybe someone else can help.

·
I'm in despair!
3,420 Posts
Originally posted by eli2k
There is a problem with FF9, also. You're supposed to disable something, but I forgot. Maybe someone else can help.
I think you have to set Framebuffer Textures to Black.

[]s Badaro

1 - 6 of 6 Posts