Next Generation Emulation banner

1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Registered
5,776 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
Many people in this forum have helped me and I'm really thankfull for that, so now it's time for me to help. I've be trying to get the perfect configuration for several games in ePSXe so I can post them here. This time the game is Street Fighter Ex 2 Plus but soon I will also post configurations for:
  • Final Fantasy VII
  • Final Fantasy VIII
  • Final Fantasy IX
  • Tekken 3
  • 007 - The World is Not Enough
  • ISS Pro Evolution
  • ISS Pro Evolution 2Colin Mcrae
  • WTC Toca 3
  • And maybe others
Here's my PC spec's so I recomend that u only use these settings if u have a PC similar to mine:

Pentium III 700Mhz
262 MB Ram
Sound Blaster Live!
Nvidia Riva TNT 2 M64
BCD 40xH CD-ROM
YAMAHA CRW8824E

Now... back to Street Fighter:

I tested all these settings in ePSXe v.1.4.0 but they probably work on the older version too... and if they don't reply to this thread saying so and download the newest version at www.epsxe.com

1st, use this plugins:
  • Pete's D3D Driver 1.50 (Video Plugin)
  • Pete's MIDAS Audio Driver 1.7 (Sound Plugin)
  • Pete's CDR ASPI Driver 1.5 (Cd-rom Plugin)
Yep... all Pete's!!

Now, for the Plugin Configuration and Other:

Video Configuration (Plugin):

Sound Configuration:
ePSXe Configuration:

Plugin Configuration:

CD-Rom Configuration:
ePSXe Configuration:

Plugin Configuration:

Other Configuration:
  • Disable ISO irq
  • Set Country to Auto-Detect
That's all folks.... I was able to get almost a perfect emulation (gets a little slow when in EXCEL, but that's all).

If it gets slow on your PC uncheck Enable XA Read (No music but a lot faster), or lowering the Resulotion & Texture Quality.

If u get an better emulation with your settings, any doubts, or any thing else... fell free to post them here....

And finally, with this setting here's what u get:

Hope I could help u!
'Til next time :p

·
Registered
5,776 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Never tried it on Impact emu.... :p

·
Registered
29 Posts
Never tried it using the Impact emu. I use epsxe. Except I use Impact's D3D renderer instead of Pete's D3D plugin when playing this game. The slowdown that Metalmurphy mentioned when going into Excel doesn't occur with the Impact plugin.

·
Registered
5,776 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Thks for the hint Kenshin.

·
Registered
5,776 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
just one thing... is it possible to put this post always at the top of the Message Board...

Cause if any one need help with SF they won't see this post (that might help them a lot) cause the post will be at the bottom :p :p

·
Registered
33 Posts
I was wondering,
If you had a slow computer. Well, not that slow. Say....400MHz.
Would the configuration that you( Metal Murphy ) posted make the game any slower? If so, what can you do about it.
-Forcoda

·
Registered
5,776 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
Forcoda: It's quite probable that the game will have some glitches on your PC with this configuration (but no many)....

To make it better try lowering the texture quality, resulution or disable XA read. (I notice that the game went quite fastert with the XA read disabled... but u wont get any music...).

Or maybe the Impact plugin is your solution (i haven't tried it yet :pP )

Hope this can help u!

·
Registered
1,857 Posts
metalmurphy,

it's nice of you to try to help others with this post.
but the positions of the posts are sorted by date. unless a mod or admin wants to keep something important at the top (like board rules), it is not very practical to do that to posts such as this one. it will annoy most people (only a portion of the population plays SFEX2p).

if somebody needs help with a specific game, i'd recommend them to use the search function of the board, and type in the name of that game. matching posts such as this will pop right up in the search results.

·
Registered
5,776 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
Thks for clearing me out on that one takwu... it's not a big problem anyway. :D

·
Registered
5,776 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
I has able to get a better emulation thks to Kenshin!! The Impact Plugin is way better thant Pete's for Street Fighter, but not very good on other games like Final Fantasy cause of the Off-screen drawing! I was able to play Street Fighter at 1600*1200 but it had some few glitches, so I'm playing at 1280*1024 , witch is pretty good!!

Use the Impact plugin (I'm using the D3D Render) with these settings:

·
Registered
5,776 Posts
Discussion Starter #15
For the plugin... if u can't find them download them here.

It's a Zip file with the Impact D3D and OpenGL plugins...

1 - 15 of 15 Posts