Next Generation Emulation banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
18 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
For the epsxe configuration right, do the numbers mean anything? Like for example:

Hi-Res Textures:

0. None
1. 2x sAL (Much VRAM needed)
2. Stretched (Filtering Needed)

Does it mean that number 2 is the best option? Because I want to make sure that my configuration is the best that can be. Or do you guys know of the best config? I tried searching online, but the configuration tips are all for the older versions of Peter's OpenGL. Mine is the latest. 2.9. Thanks!

And for some reason, after editing several of the settings. When I start up, they say that I am missing shader files?

·
No sir, I don't like it.
7,022 Posts
Higher numbers do not necessarily mean "better". They are just a reference to which option you've chosen.

BTW - leave Hi-Res textures at '0' or else you'll get graphic anomalies in 2D backgrounds and sprites.

·
God of Douchebagness™
15,294 Posts
For the epsxe configuration right, do the numbers mean anything? Like for example:

Hi-Res Textures:

0. None
1. 2x sAL (Much VRAM needed)
2. Stretched (Filtering Needed)

Does it mean that number 2 is the best option? Because I want to make sure that my configuration is the best that can be. Or do you guys know of the best config? I tried searching online, but the configuration tips are all for the older versions of Peter's OpenGL. Mine is the latest. 2.9. Thanks!

And for some reason, after editing several of the settings. When I start up, they say that I am missing shader files?
the numbers just represent the amount of available options for a particular setting/catagory.

as for the shaders, read the thread below to learn how to correctly install them, certain settings can prevent them from working if they are not adjusted correctly.

http://forums.ngemu.com/psx-plugin-...ides-custom-shaders-petes-opengl2-plugin.html

·
Banned
35,081 Posts
Higher numbers do not necessarily mean "better". They are just a reference to which option you've chosen.

BTW - leave Hi-Res textures at '0' or else you'll get graphic anomalies in 2D backgrounds and sprites.

only 2xSaI causes such issues.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.