Next Generation Emulation banner

1 - 20 of 25 Posts

·
Registered
9 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I don't understand how to configure my ePSXe, because whenever I choose some setting (like video plugin or cd-rom settings) i get the message that i have to restart my ePSXe, and when i do so the settings are gone.

So, what am i supposed to do? I have downloaded both versions (with and without plugins) and i am getting the same problem. I have been trying to configure it for 30 minutes and i still haven't done it, i am totally nervous now, he, he..

Thanks!::confused: :confused:

O

·
0 Posts
Re:

That’s perfectly normal. You have to configure everything (making sure you click ok in the dialogs to save settings) then restart the emulator for the settings to take effect.

·
Registered
9 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Re:

Yes, I know, and i am doing that. For example, I go to "config", click "video", i choose plugin and click "ok".

Isn't that it?

O

·
0 Posts
Re:

That sounds right. So, the settings aren’t staying when you come back? This is a new one on me. I recommend using ePSXeCutor, the ePSXe front-end (which is what I use) then you don’t have to restart when changing settings.

·
Registered
9 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Re:

Could someone, please, configure it and send it to me, 'cause i have no idea what to do anymoore. I know that I am asking to much, but please!
I need configuration that would work with Gran Turismo 2, my configuration:
- video card: GeForce 2 (D3D or OpenGL plugin)
- sound: Creative Labs Sound Blaster 128
- CD-ROM: Teac, 32X

Thanks!

·
Registered
9 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Re:

IT DOESN'T WORK!
SHOULDN'T I SAVE THE SETTINGS SOMEWHERE? I DON'T KNOW WHAT I AM DOING WRONG... PLEASE, IF IT IS NOT A BIG PROBLEM, SOMEONE SEND ME CONFIGURED ePSXe, PLEASE! IT WILL ONLY TAKE YOU A MINUTE OR TWO...

·
Registered
168 Posts
Re:

we don't all have the same config as you... you don't need to restart epsxe... try changing the configs while NOT restarting epsxe like it says...
Let's see if that helps :D

O

·
0 Posts
Re: Re:

The settings get saved automatically in the system registry when you exit the emulator correctly. No one can just send you their configuration as there is so much differences between everyone’s systems. There is no way you’re going to get ePSXe working exactly how you want the first time if you’re a newbie. You have to be patient and take your time, read all the documentation, and mess around a bit.

·
Registered
9 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
Re:

This might be important: when i chose a graphic plugin and click on "test" - nohing happens. It is like nothing is selected.

G

·
0 Posts
Re:

You're not the only one, my friend, somehow I had encountered for this problem before.
Okay, are you open the epsxe program from Start Menu? If yes, we're at same boat. So you know what I do? Try to open the program from Windows Explorer or Dos-prompt instead of Start menu, and guess what, the problem solved. But I still don't know what's the problem there.
Good luck!

S

·
0 Posts
Re:

Now don't blame me if I'm wrong but here's a pretty good possibility..
go into your shortcut on the Start Menu, right click it and click on 'Properties'
Click on the shortcut tab and look at the field that says 'Start In'
it should say (including quotes)
"C:\Program Files\ePSXe\"
or whatever other directory ePSXe is in. Change it so it does than it should run fine

·
Registered
2,441 Posts
seems like theres a problem with the registry entries..
maybe you need to use regcleaner or something and delete all the epsxe entries, then try the psxemu installer and see if that works..

·
Registered
5 Posts
The ePSXe configuration posting seems like a great idea but how come you are going to post a configuration if it must include the ePSXe reg. entries?

·
Premium Member
538 Posts
Originally posted by unknown4x
Hmm... the test button never works in petes plugins... its 'not implemented'
This is a "problem" with ePSXe, not with the plugins :)
It's the main emulator that should react to a return value from the plugin, but the current released version of ePSXe doesn't do anything. The next version should have this fixed :)

1 - 20 of 25 Posts