Next Generation Emulation banner

Configuration problem.

1K views 13 replies 7 participants last post by  FireGL 
#1 ·
Alright, Im trying to run ePSXe with Metal Gear Solid and Dino Crisis, I can get them both to run. But either with major errors or very slow.
Im running a PIII 450mhz, Diamond Viper 550 + Voodoo2, 256ram and a Soundblaster LIVE!.

Basicly alot of stuff isn't showing up (Models and such), sound and video is very choppy and slow...

I've messed around with all the plugins for video and sound but they all either crash ePSXe, run slow or just say theres an error in the CD Rom (Which there isn't... Theres barely a scratch on either of the disks).

What should I do or what am I doing wrong?

#2 ·
Ok I've fixed the main problem, now it's just it runs too fast or too slow... I've tried setting up the CD-Rom so it doesn't go too fast but it still does it.

#4 ·
Hmmm

Depending on what plugins you are using...(You failed to mention that..it will make it easier for those to help you)

Most have a frame limit option..use it... NTSC US games run at 60fps...Pal European games run at 50fps....this should bring your speedy games to the norm...

#5 ·
I didn't mention them because I hadn't yet to find out which works best.
Sound is all good now, it's just video.

Im using Pete's OpenGL Driver 1.54, when I turn on the frame limiting and such, it's super slow... Damn well I guess I'll just use VGS, no rendered PSX games for me.

#6 ·
maybe pete software will be the best for u, if you want to stick with Epxe : but no HW acceleration and smoothing =)...

I dunno if Lewpy glide plugins works great with a v², but maybe give it a try...

OAH your computer spec. are good enough to change the Video card to a GF2 MX ... those cards are cheap nowadays and will give you the joy of the hardware acceleration

#7 ·
I ordered a Gainward GeForce3 TI-550 Golden Sample 64mb the other day, I can't wait for it.

#8 ·
Originally posted by Aegnor
I dunno if Lewpy glide plugins works great with a v², but maybe give it a try...
Yes, it does. Lewpy's Glide+Voodoo2=great graphics and decent speed. I'm using it and it's wonderful.

#9 ·
Originally posted by Ice[DDZ]
I ordered a Gainward GeForce3 TI-550 Golden Sample 64mb the other day, I can't wait for it.
Whoah.... if you want to use that baby to the fullest potential, it's time to upgrade your CPU as well..... the full potential of a GF3 is not unleashed unless you have a CPU that's well into the gigahertz range.

#10 ·
Originally posted by Ice[DDZ]
I didn't mention them because I hadn't yet to find out which works best.
Sound is all good now, it's just video.

Im using Pete's OpenGL Driver 1.54, when I turn on the frame limiting and such, it's super slow... Damn well I guess I'll just use VGS, no rendered PSX games for me.
BTW why are u using Pete´s OpenGL Gpu whit your card, isnt better try Pete´s D3D or Glide´s gpu as well?

and no... please don´t go back a step whit VGS, stay in ePSXe :)

#11 ·
kairi00: Yeah, Im planning on updating my mother board and CPU within a year, most likely withint about 5 months (Birthday).

SepHirotH OmEgA: Im using them because everything else seems to crash, I'll keep trying though...

#13 · (Edited)
Alright and I've tried Lewpy's Glide again and it runs good, better than all the others actually... Only down side is it's only full screen mode and no scan lines :D

#14 · (Edited)
i had to admit it if you got a pIII 450 w/ a gf3 (mine is pIII 500 gf3)
you will notice a speed increase but if the game u try to emulate in epsxe needs a lot of cpu power then youll experince some slow down especially if you enable petes special options

but for pc games like max payne :cool: :cool: that is!!! ;)

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.