Next Generation Emulation banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Ok so I am running on Vista . My laptop is a Toshiba Satellite A505-S6960. Interl Core 2 Duo T6500. 4GB SDRAM, 320GB HDD. This is the config I have right now .

Video:
Plugin: Pete's OpenGL Driver 1.1.77
Author: Pete Bernert
Card vendor: Intel
GFX card: Intel Cantiga
OGL version: 2.0.0 - Build 7.15.10.1670

Resolution/Color:
- 1280x1024 Fullscreen - NO desktop changing
- Keep psx aspect ratio: off

Textures:
- R8G8A8A8
- Filtering: 4
- Hi-Res textures: 0
- VRam size: 0 MBytes

Framerate:
- FPS limitation: on
- Frame skipping: off
- FPS limit: Auto

Compatibility:
- Offscreen drawing: 4
- Framebuffer texture: 2
- Framebuffer access: 3
- Alpha multipass: on
- Mask bit: on
- Advanced blending: on

Misc:
- Scanlines: off
- Line mode: off
- Unfiltered FB: off
- 15 bit FB: off
- Dithering: off
- Screen smoothing: off
- Game fixes: on [00000001]
Soft Video Plugin:
Plugin: P.E.Op.S. Soft Driver 1.1.18
Author: Pete Bernert and the P.E.Op.S. team

Resolution/Color:
- 640x480 Fullscreen - [32 Bit]
Stretch mode: 0
Dither mode: 2

Framerate:
- FPS limit: on
- Frame skipping: off
- FPS limit: Auto

Misc:
- Scanlines: disabled
- Game fixes: off [00000000]
My game is running really slow and the transitions between free roaming to battles(I'm trying to play Final Fantasy 8 and 7) takes a really long time to load. When I kill an enemy the game lags for 5sec or so. Is there something wrong with my config? Or is my computer just not good enough to run these games on epsxe?

·
Banned
23,263 Posts
use D3D
with compatibility as

Compatibility:
- Offscreen drawing: 3
- Hardware Alpha 2
- Framebuffer texture: 3
- Framebuffer access: 4

and disable filtering.

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 · (Edited)
Thanks alot .I just tried it its laging the same, could it just be that I have a horriable graphics card? I know nothing about computers my card is a Mobile Intel(r) 4 series express chipset family. Also at the top of the video config there is an option to go from my 4 series express chipset family to "Primary Display driver" would that help to change? or is that the same thing. (Keep in mind this is an unaltered laptop so I dnt know if 4series express chipset family and primary display driver are one in the same)

And also at the end of your reply you said "and disable filtering" where is that exactly?

·
God of Douchebagness™
9,826 Posts
what you have is an onboard video card and those are not really made with gaming in mind, so they tend to have trouble rendering things like frame buffer effects smoothly and there isnt much that can be done about that save a hardware upgrade.

btw squall is referring to any of the texture filtering settings in the video config. your current config shows that you have it set to option "4" at the moment so turn it off by using "0" instead, as it might improve overall performance a bit (not guaranteed however).

1 - 4 of 4 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.