Next Generation Emulation banner
1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
For pokemon that evolve by trading I know it is not possible to do that, so what I was wondering is I know it is possible to use pokesav to just give yourself the evolved pokemon but then it won't appear in the pokedex. Is there any way around this problem? I know starting a pokemon in an egg lets you have it in your pokedex but can you have the fully evolved pokemon come out of an egg?

Thanks.

·
Hopeless Optimist
3,089 Posts
By hacking, you can have literally any Pokemon in an egg.

·
Registered
2,614 Posts

·
ಠ_ಠ
2,364 Posts
I don't know much about pokesav to answer your question.

Pokemon Diamond and Pearl has a application to edit any pokemon's evolution requirements, while Platinum requires you to use a hex editor of some sort to hack the game itself to change those requirements.

·
Registered
2,614 Posts
You can't. :(

·
ಠ_ಠ
2,364 Posts
How do I do this evolution req. change on platinum?
I'm not going to details. Basically, you will have to look for pointers to valuables, which isn't easy if you don't have any experience in editing games. I could post a guide in which I found using google, but the valuables in the guide are for Diamond, which are different from Platinum (at least this is what I'm assuming them to be).

Edit: What I'm trying to say is it's better to just wait for someone to make a evolution editor for platinum instead of editing the game yourself, since it might break your game.

·
Hackin 'n Slashin
28,630 Posts
They will definitely be different (which is illustrated by the different AR codes) so the guide for Diamond is entirelly useless.

So it's Pokesav or nothing.

·
Registered
7 Posts
Any pokemon will come out of an egg an using Pokesav (put it in your box as an egg -> set steps to 1 > save it, load it and walk around) This method also helps bypass the legallity checker as long as the pokemon used doesn't have EVs higher than 510 (255 max per stat), IV's that aren't quite obviously hacked (I.E 31 in every stat) and moves that are not in the set move list . Obviously this method doesn't work for event only pokemon as they are non breedable (bar manaphy) and therefore couldn't have hatched from an egg.

Oh and another thing, for it too look legit you cant give it a trait that it doesn't have, and if hatched it has to be in a pokeball :D

Sorry if I completely danced around your original question there, but in short like someone above said 'Pokesav or Nothing' for the time being, I know of the guy that is currently working on something called PPRE which will allow you to edit how the pokemon evolve. :)

EDIT: You can also change evolution chains via Hex Editing. However I have never tried to hex edit ... anything lol so you'll have to look around for a tutorial on how to do so if you want to be able to do it :)

(Thanks to Roland for pointing that out to me :))

1 - 9 of 9 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.