Next Generation Emulation banner

1 - 17 of 17 Posts

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi, I recently came across the PCSX2 community several months back and have watched clearly the only true working PS2 Emulator in its construction. I'm grateful at last such a project is prooving ever more successful and thus i downloaded it, got to a specific point in the user guide and realised i require a BIO file. Now before anyone justs to a conclusion no i am not asking for one, but i am asking is there a way to gain the BIOS from my modded PS2 without using USB cables etc. Mostly because i havn't a clue about such things but its quite a downer to see there's no way i can get this emulator to ever function without yet more programs and cables. Is there no alternative??

Please help.

Thanks

·
Registered
75 Posts
AFAIK nope sorry. There are a million threads alread on how to get the BIOS legally and if you cant do any of those things suggested youre probably SOL.

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Hm.. Shame there's no way to just insert a PS2 disc and have it get BIOS from that, but its impossible since the BIOS is built into the console.. I really havn't a clue how to do anything like that, probably why i've never tried a Network before lol.

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Sorry for the double reply but via means i won't give out for legal reasons and abiding by the rules of this forum, i setup my PCSX2. Selected the location for Plugins and BIOS and both actually appeared, I.E Sound Grfx names and settings etc but upon accepting these changes the program ITSELF fails to run. I'm currently on XP SP2 at the min and in the past i've had the program work before, although that was version 6.0 or so. Does this latest version not support SP2 or is it another problem

·
Registered
3,630 Posts
Mirai101: If you read the PCSX2 Configuration guide you would see there are links explaining how to dump the bios from your ps2...

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
Yes, i have a BIOS so thats no longer the problem. The problem is why version 7.0 continues to crash, to save having to cutup and post a screenie its basically the typical XP Windows report error. If there's any particular info you need Kanodin i'll find it.

Note, i installed version 6.0 and granted that works but i don't understand how to boot from a CD. I'm currently using the Jap compatible BIOS and i legally own many Jap titles but when i open the CD to find this supposed img/DVD Data i find several files all in ranging sizes from anywhere of 200kb to 2.5gb but none seem to work like useable DVD image etc.

I'm not sure if that parts covered in the Faq or anything, but sorry for being such a major pain here guys lol..

·
Registered
669 Posts
Ohhh theres your problem, the Japanese Bios SCPH-10000 is no longer compadible with PCSX2 that will cause you to crash you need to get SCPH-39001.

Also to run the games you need a DVD drive or an ISO of the game itself, follow bositmans configuration guide I think it's in the sticky.

·
Registered
3,630 Posts
Nope the SCPH-10000 wont crash the emu...
Im quite sure the problem lies in the registry/ini files since you where using 0.6
Delete the whole PCSX2 folder,redownload it from the pcsx2 site and also delete all pcsx2 registry keys then re-extract it

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 · (Edited)
EDIT: Hmm i just wroteup a huge post about problems but now i mixed around with some settings in the config screen before it closes permanantly and i think i've diagnosed the problem.

Basically, the CDVD setting thats default for 7.0 must be to instantly try and read the CD/DVD in your drive right? Well i was browsing bits and pieces in the guide and used a different CDVD config, i switched over to P.E.OpS. CDVD Driver 1.2 and now its possible to have at least the PCSX2 menu up, but when i click Run CD i'm assuming its trying to force read the disc and then the good old Windows error report screen pops up.

So i'm betting for some reason, 7.0 refuses to try and read whats in my drive and crashes. Does this help at all guys? I just experimented with another plugin, one of the one's where you need to open up the CD and find the .iso etc yourself, well that plugin works fine. So i guess the problem isn't entirely my DVD Burner's fault, something just refuses to let me Force Open a game and play it.

So again i ask, do i need to convert the CD through some program into an ISO file?

·
Registered
669 Posts
Bosit it crashes mine even after completely wiping all pcsx2 information from the registry maybe my comp is just gay who cares, but I notice that it always has problems crashing when I try to use the SCPH-10k Bios i dunno then.

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter · #13 ·
Er hello, this isn't a dead topic. i've mentioned the problem, can anyone help then. Someone from the team itself maybe.

·
Familiar Face
4,971 Posts
Just rip it with DVD Decryptor in ISO read mode. It'll give you an ISO file and an MDS file. The MDS isn't needed, so you can just delete that when it's finished ripping.

1 - 17 of 17 Posts