Next Generation Emulation banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Resident Rabble Rouser
174 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I'm looking to upgrade my computer specifically to run Dolphin, as well as just update, since my hardware is pretty dated.

There's an insane deal on newegg right now for this rig:

Newegg.com - Computer Parts, PC Components, Laptop Computers, Digital Cameras and more!

Is that going to run Dolphin at full speed for most games?

Will it run PCSX 2?

Grand Theft Auto 4?

It seems like the people on these forums know their $4i+, so sound off and let me know what you think!

Thanks!

I'd be using my existing gfx card for now, and upgrading to a better one shortly after....

·
Registered
8 Posts
you need add one video card 8600 o more

·
Time Lord
1,989 Posts
That's a pretty good deal, plus the Athlon is a black edition with an unlocked multiplier so you should be able to oc it to at least 3.0GHz for decent speed. And the board is a am2+/am3 socket so its good for future upgrades.

·
Registered
95 Posts
I wouldnt upgarde everything at once if you have a choice regarding compatibility ,or if ya don't have a problem spending lots of money. I've found that spending alot of money on buying seperate compoments, one at time, is better in the long run than buying a mid-range system now.

The first thing you should get is a PSU, then work your way to motherboard, cpu or ram, and then graphics card. Thats if the parts you have now will work with the new hardware.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.