Next Generation Emulation banner

1 - 20 of 24 Posts

·
Mhm.
2,134 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
my dads server pc keeps hanging whenever we try and go to our racing games. it just locks up and we gotta restart it. im not too sure why it does it.

edit: i should say any game we have on it, GRID and NFSU2 which are pretty demanding games.

·
Professional OC'er
1,391 Posts
my dads server pc keeps hanging whenever we try and go to our racing games. it just locks up and we gotta restart it. im not too sure why it does it.

edit: i should say any game we have on it, GRID and NFSU2 which are pretty demanding games.
How did you get "NFSU2" to work???? all I get is 4 frames?????:(:(:(:(:(

·
Professional OC'er
1,391 Posts
no,I'm serious, all I get is 4 fps for NFSU2...

I totally gave up on it...(at least once the race starts) ...very sad....:(:(:(:(:(

·
代言人
7,175 Posts
Just put your hand on your GPU. If it is boiling hot, then it's overheated.
You can easily tell because overheating temperature for GPU to lock up is ~100C (boiling temperature for water)

·
Final Fantasy XXX
2,413 Posts
Sounds more like a psu problem to me. What's your pc specs btw?

·
Registered
7,340 Posts
how can you possibly pretend to guess what the problem is here? Bubba hasn't given any info other than, "I play game and it freezes", do you know how many things could possibly cause that? And why is the static answer always, "uuhhh.....heat?"

Bubba, I was serious. Check your event log and post the error. It would be foolhardy to even begin to guess at the cause of the issue without at least starting there.

·
Opensource-spice
1,503 Posts
how can you possibly pretend to guess what the problem is here? Bubba hasn't given any info other than, "I play game and it freezes", do you know how many things could possibly cause that? And why is the static answer always, "uuhhh.....heat?"
Considering he only said racing games did it, it probably isn't heat. With a 9800gtx, there's a lot of games with more stress than Grid and NFSU2.

Hey, man. Do the rest of your games play fine? Do you have a current gen game that is really stressful you could test it on, like Fallout 3, Crysis, Mirror's Edge?

·
Mhm.
2,134 Posts
Discussion Starter #17
Considering he only said racing games did it, it probably isn't heat. With a 9800gtx, there's a lot of games with more stress than Grid and NFSU2.

Hey, man. Do the rest of your games play fine? Do you have a current gen game that is really stressful you could test it on, like Fallout 3, Crysis, Mirror's Edge?
oO those games cost over 50$ each!
not really, i could try cod4 or bioshock.
And i dont think there is any event logs on it,
but i will check(where are they :heh:)

btw, its not heat. it just seems ****ed up. think it is windows, so ill put a fresh install later.

·
Banned
23,263 Posts
NFSU2 is currently effected by some wierd performance issues on both Nvidia and Radeon hardwre. (so is most wanted)

I'm still looking into a sure fix.

·
Hackin 'n Slashin
28,630 Posts
Gameman NFS UG2 is a PC game first before it's a PS2 game....your system can max NFS UG2 (the PC version at least) easily...heck my old system could.

Also Squall, these issues are entirely different from the stuff I and others have been experiencing....

·
Banned
23,263 Posts
it may/may not be related, ones description of 4fps might be more an estimate then accurate assessment, so it might be stuttering excessively.

....these games have been poorly made since NFS4 anyway,... and even it has issues unless you patch the Thrash file.

1 - 20 of 24 Posts