Next Generation Emulation banner
1 - 10 of 10 Posts

· Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I've been running ePSXe for a few weeks now without any problems. All of sudden, just recently, I was playing and my computer just shut itself off after about 15 minutes of gameplay. It only happens when I'm playing, and it happens without warning.

This is very confusing to me because I haven't changed any settings, yet just last Saturday I played for hours on end, but now I can't go 15 minutes without it shutting down.

Please help?

· Registered
654 Posts
start -> control panel -> administrative tools -> event viewer

Look at the various events and see if you can figure out what event caused the system shutdown. Then you can copy and paste that event here and I can try to help.

Dan

· Registered
608 Posts
Is it always 15 minutes exactly?
Please post your system spec.
Check your system temperature if you haven't done so; Speedfan would be an excellent tool for that. (google: speedfan)

· Premium Member
bsnes, ePSXe
23,380 Posts
press windows key + pause/break. go to the Advanced tab. under Startup and Recovery, click the settings box. Under the "system failure" section, uncheck "automatically restart". this way, instead of restarting, your computer will tell you what went wrong.

· Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
Okay, I unchecked the automatically restart box. I'm looking in the event viewer and there's lots of errors in here (under applications). Is there any way I can see exactly what's what, or is there any way to fix it, like a program or something that does that? Or is it really nothing to worry about and it just reports stuff that's extremely minor?

· Premium Member
bsnes, ePSXe
23,380 Posts
yeah, you should be able to see like the program or the drivers or something. when you get the BSOD it tells you the error there too.

· Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
Upon further investigation, I've noticed that two of the fans on my laptop aren't running. I would pop it open and just take a run over to Best Buy, but I've tried it before to no avail. Does anyone know of a tutorial for getting laptop cases off?

· Registered
654 Posts
Every one is different. In general, unscrew all the screws, make a record or map of where each came from, and don't force anything. I've taken a few apart before, and I can assure you that no two models are quite alike in how you disassemble them.

Dan

1 - 10 of 10 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.