Next Generation Emulation banner
1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
hey evryone, i have a computer with specs : AMD ATHLON 64 X2, RAM 1 GB DDRII SDRAM, VGA 256 MB PCI EXPRESS, and Windows OS.

I had run the ePSXe 1.7.0 with the plugin's. In first time I run it, my computer is just fine, but after i reboot it, my computer's act weird. My AVG act weird too. it detect some programs such as tuneup utilities, java decompiler, and others, like a viruses. And the avg tray itself, detects like virus.

Fortunately, i have restore the system by System Restore.

Answer me if you know the troubleshooting about this problem.

thanks.

·
ヒット激しく速く
19,429 Posts
The emulator its safe and does not represent any danger for the pc (nor the plugins), but be sure to download it from a trusted site.

If you got ePSXe from some warez sites or some via some shady torrents, yes it is possible that it could had have something to do with it since there are people that like to add malware to pieces of software and then distribute them (not only valid in the case of ePSXe, this is valid for all other kinds of software as well).

1 - 2 of 2 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.