Next Generation Emulation banner
1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
... So i've tried several games with this emulator. Metal Gear Solid and FF7 both will have skipping (with the ISO.) More specifically in FF7 during battle sequences with higher level spells (when sephiroth casts ice 3, bolt 3 etc.) and also with summons. Shiva and ifrit run so slow. It also gets slow down with glowing effects with the pre rendered background animations. MGS does it swimming in the water and the opening elevator scene WAY bad. Any advice? I'm running it on my laptop.
It has a Intel Dual Core 1.73 Ghz processors
2 gigs of ram
Its just onboard video Intel whatever graphics processing. Oh intel x3100 mobile media accelerator.
It works, and
Plugin: Pete's D3D Driver 1.1.58
Author: Pete Bernert
GFX card: Mobile Intel(R) 965 Express Chipset Family

Resolution/Color:
- 640x480 Window mode

Textures:
- R8G8A8A8
- Filtering: 4
- Garbage collection: off
- VRam size: 0 MBytes

Framerate:
- FPS limit: off
- Frame skipping: off
- FPS limit: Auto

Compatibility:
- Offscreen drawing: 3
- Framebuffer texture: 0
- Alpha multipass: on
- Mask bit: on
- Advanced blending: none

Misc:
- Scanlines: off [0]
- Unfiltered FB: off
- Dithering: on
- Screen smoothing: off
- Full vram: off
- Game fixes: on [00000001]
Theres my stats with my plugin any help would be appreciated! Thanks. :)

EDIT: Oh and I ran it with the soft drivers and it ran fine but the hardware rendered ones, not so much. It is a laptop, but it can run Half Life 2! I would think it could run a PSX emulator with reasonable graphics without hiccups.

·
No sir, I don't like it.
5,571 Posts
Unfortunately, hardware rendered framebuffer effects require a lot of internal GPU-side bandwidth (GPU <--> VRAM) which Intel integrated chipset graphics simply cannot offer.

You might want to use Pete's OpenGL plugin instead. (Not OpenGL2)

Enable the first 2 gamefixes.

1 - 2 of 2 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.