Next Generation Emulation banner

1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
I have downloaded several Video Plugins from Pete's site, but nothing shows up when I try to assign one to ePSXe. Here's everything I know about my computer:

Operating System: Microsoft Windows ME (4.90, Build 3000)
Language: English (Regional Setting: English)
Processor: Intel Pentium III, 800MHz
Memory: 126MB RAM
Page File: 251MB used, 1670MB available
DirectX Version: DirectX 7.1 (4.07.01.3000)

Plug and Play Monitor on Intel(r) 82810E Graphics Controller 4.12.01.2604

If any other information is needed, I'll do the best I can to try and find it. Please help me out.

Edit: Also, how do I transfer things like BIOS to "remove.me", "punch.me", etc.?

·
Premium Member
26,303 Posts
You've extracted the plugins to the plugins subdir of ePSXe?
You copy the BIOS image into the BIOS folder. The 'remove.me', etc files are there to create directories when you extract the emu.

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
o_O

A who in the what now? I apologize, but I don't know what you said. I can get the Sound and CDRom plugins to work, but I didn't have to do anything other than download them to get it to work. I have no idea how to Extract anything correctly with WinZip, I always screw up somewhere. ;_;

·
Premium Member
26,303 Posts
  • Download the plugins.
  • Right-click drag them into the plugins folder.
  • Select Extract.
ePSXe has built in SPU and CDR plugins. They aren't as good as external ones. As for what files to download
  • For graphics, get Pete's 3d Plugins (use Pete's D3D Dx6 plugin), and PEOPs Soft GPUplugin
  • For sound, get Eternal 1.41 SPU
  • For CD get SaPu's or Xeven's CD plugin

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 · (Edited)
Okay, I Extracted scph1001.bin to C:\epsxe\bios, but the ePSXe Wizard Guide says I have no BIOS in the "epsxe\bios" directory. Also, I still can't select anything to use under "Video Configuration" on the ePSXe program. I'm so lost, and I'm sorry to keep bothering you, but I really need help.

·
Premium Member
bsnes, ePSXe
21,979 Posts
perhaps the file is not really a BIOS..?

make sure everything is unzipped and in its correct folder. (ie plugins are in /plugins, bios in /bios, etc)

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
Maybe it is the file that is wrong, but everything is in the right area. My main problem is the Video Plugin, however.

·
Premium Member
3,093 Posts
Did you donwload the plugins? If the answer is yes, you got a compressed file right? Copy it to the plugins folder on the epsxe folder. Once you have them there, right click them and select the option to extract them. You should get now some new files on the folder, like gpuPeteDX6D3D.dll and gpuPeopsSoft.dll. You may not get the .dll part, but that doesn't matter. If you are getting folder instead, copy the contents of the folders directly to plugins and delete the subfolders. You should be able to select the plugins now. It works the same with everything. ePSXe will neither find the files if they are compressed nor in subfolders. The plugins must be under \epsxe\plugins, and not \epsxe\plugins\peops\ or something like that. Same with all other files.

1 - 13 of 13 Posts