Next Generation Emulation banner
1 - 20 of 41 Posts

·
Registered
271 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
As of r3528 the following issues remain active:

1. The game hangs randomly during the intro as if it's waiting for something, resizing the window does not make what was being rendered disappear, it actually seems like someone paused the emu, music keeps going if it didn't stop.

2. Constant crackling in music/sound.

3. Music stops playing randomly.

6. Trigger buttons, L, R and Z seem to be on rapid-fire mode, thus you are not able to enter first person view, nor scroll through your inventory.

7. Snake is unable to move properly because while moving the analog stick instead of a constant movement, it seems like you are tapping it, 0%, 100%, 0%, 100%, 0%, 100%. Moving downwards is almost impossible, it always ends up moving in some random direction.

10. Enabling Show-EFB copy regions shows the areas, but the rectangles keep blinking madly, unlike other games were they just stay there constantly.

11. A video that is mapped to a screen on the submarine during the intro is completely borked.

FIXED ISSUES:

4. Enabling copy EFB to sytem RAM, seems to enable some kind of bump map texture on characters making them look gloosy, funny note, disabling EFB doesnt remove this gloss. In fact, having Disable marked, and selecting copy EFB to system RAM yields the proper effect, of the bump map being rendered properly.

5. Need to enable ZTP Bloom Hack to read Codec text and see the life bar, all 3d becomes "HOM" like though.

8. There's a blue-greenish background during the first part of the intro, which should be black (when it says Konami Computer Entertainment Japan Presents). --FIXED--

9. Going underwater makes only the top left of the screen render something properly, and even so, texturing seems to be disabled.

·
Registered
379 Posts
Yep, most of the graphics issues are projection related, i'll see if i can commit a projection hack for this game too as it seems we're going to list them anyway...

Also, i haven't been able to reproduce the mouvement bug, so this one is pretty strange, i'm using the a 32bit build too.

·
Registered
271 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Try making it run slower, could be speed related, underclock some if you can, see if it happens, i will have to make a video otherwise, since it's quite hard to describe, and i imagine it's even harder to understand.

I don't hop on IRC, but i do read your commit comments, and while hacks aren't the way to go, if it's just for 2/3 games, it won't do much harm.

Thanks for reading :D.

·
Registered
8 Posts
These newer revs have many problems with TTS but using an older rev things work much better. I'm using a combination of two old revs. Rev2233 with IL is fast but graphics are bugged so I use OpenGL plugin from rev1921 and everything works nice and quick except projections are still buggy. I have managed to get to the point where you meet DARPA chief in the cell but it always crashes in the same point in the movie sequence and skipping it doesn't help either.

·
Registered
271 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Indeed, newer revs introduce texture corruption in many places.

·
Registered
271 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Edited to fit the newer projection updates, which mostly fixed the graphic part of the game.

·
Registered
436 Posts
There are control bugs in the game with JITIL, normal JIT seems to be fine but JITIL is a lot faster

·
Registered
358 Posts
7. Snake is unable to move properly because while moving the analog stick instead of a constant movement, it seems like you are tapping it, 0%, 100%, 0%, 100%, 0%, 100%. Moving downwards is almost impossible, it always ends up moving in some random direction.
This happens to me in MGS3 on PCSX2,too. Seems to be some sort of MGS bug.
I hope this game will be playable sometimes. IDC too much about speed.

·
Registered
271 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
There are control bugs in the game with JITIL, normal JIT seems to be fine but JITIL is a lot faster
Controls are also borked in JIT, tho i believe this is something done on purpose by the developers maybe, matching how Snake moves with FPS.

·
Registered
8 Posts
Game works very well for me except minor bugs and crashes in certain cut scenes. Cut scene crashes only occur in those "real life" cut scenes where graphics are completely messed up for a sec and then emulator crashes. I've tried different settings with no luck:( I'm able to skip them so it isn't a big problem though.

·
Registered
271 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
You mean during videos?

1 - 20 of 41 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.