Next Generation Emulation banner
1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
654 Posts
I wouldn't put a whole lot of stock in that list.

I've had games on the list that are said to be 100% yet needed "special attention" to get running right (past the game's main menu, anyway), while other games not on the list ran fine with no tweaking.

Dan

·
Premium Member
bsnes, ePSXe
21,982 Posts
not to discredit the testing of the compatibility list authors, but i dont really think that list is that great. it's kind of outdated and it glosses over a lot of stuff...

like Lord Zedeck said, just try whatever game. first search for it here to see if there are any problems, then run it yourself, and when/if you run into problems....there are plenty of resources here to search (like my troubleshooting FAQ) that you can use BEFORE you even post. and if all that fails...make a post. you should be ok ;)

·
Registered
183 Posts
Until there is a list that is updated often (not really all that feasible via a forum) based on the fixes that worked in each of the legitimate threads here, a list isn't going to be especially useful. Static lists that may be updated annually or semi-annually at best probably aren't the most useful implementation, and certainly isn't the first place I go to to find a solution to a specific problem, b/c the specific problems simply aren't covered in the list. If anyone has a sickening amount of free time, perhaps a php-based list that can be quickly updated every time a breakthrough is made on the forums to add a new specific solution for the specific problems as they are solved would be more useful and perhaps reduce redundant posts more efficiently than telling ppl to use the search feature. Of course, my php is elementary at best, just enough to be dangerous with, and I have no webspace to make such a list, nor the aforementioned sickening amount of free time, otherwise I would do it myself. Just thought I would toss this out here so we can maybe stop the trend of useless, outdated static lists that take hours to redo!

·
Premium Member
bsnes, ePSXe
21,982 Posts
well i dunno if Flare85 is still giving out free webhosting, but if so your excuse of no webspace is done :p

but really..i dont think a list is useful. just try the game. if it doesnt work, search here and see if people have gotten it to work. if no one has ever tried it, then post about it. that will continue to help people in the future. and just the search function of this board is an ever changing compatibility list in itself.

1 - 13 of 13 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.