Next Generation Emulation banner

1 - 20 of 28 Posts
K

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I just wanted to let everyone know that the compatibility script is finally done. So feel free to submit as many as you want :p.

For more information check out my post on the site.
http://epsxe.wonderwormonline.com

Thanks for the support guys!

S

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #2
nice! I'll add a few games, if I don't forget it though....you know, I still should send Bobbi a few psx game reviews....ahem...and that was a year ago.....duh....

K

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Well just when I get it up .. my site goes down. It has been down for the past four hours. Hopfully my host will have this problem corrected soon. I would also like to thank adair for his report ... the only one I was able to approve before the site went down :(

K

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Yeah I know ... I just finished the script for it. Feel free to help make it bigger by submitting some games. :p

·
Registered
1,830 Posts
Wow, its coming along nicely, with the new side bars on the main page, and the new features that will be added soon. Great site, Wormie!
And the compatibility list is really progressing. It must have at least 40 listings already. I just added a couple more(Tenchu2 and Bushido Blade2).

Everybody go add your experience to the list by submiting reports on your games.

BTW, sorry Wormie. My finger slipped to the enter button before I finished filling out the Tenchu2 report. So I submitted a second time with a complete one.:heh:

·
Registered
1,812 Posts
Yeah, the comp list looks great, Wormie, way to go :D Just a quick note: there are two submissions for FF9 by a_disgruntled_Orc03 (me) listed. Not sure why, but the first one is incomplete and should be deleted. Just lettin ya know ;)

·
Registered
1,830 Posts
Hey Wormie,
maybe you already thought of this...
when filling out a comp list report there could be required fields so that you don't get incomplete reports. Maybe make them all required except for the description fields like problems, extra game settings, gameplay description.

Or maybe you could include an option on the page that a person can either check or leave unchecked. The option would let someone cancel dual reports. So if you check the box then it cancels their previous submission of the same game title.

[edit] I had another idea, Allow members to delete their own reports so that asfaloth could delete his incomplete report.

I don't know if that second idea is possible, just spitting out some ideas.

·
Registered
538 Posts
Always nice to see a good compatibility list being generated :)
A couple of things for a "wish list", from my point-of-view :-
1) When the search is working, I would like to be able to type in my name (err, that's "Lewpy" :) ) and then be able to locate all reports that are using my plugin. Basically, as long as the plugin fields are part of the searchable text, I'll be happy :) Seriously, that is very useful for finding relevant reports.
2) Accuracy of reporting of version numbers of plugins/programs/etc. This is a difficult one, because either you rely on the person typing in the data to get it right, or you only allow them to choose from available version numbers which then requires you to maintain an accurate list of available versions of everything ... hmm :( Anyway, I already noticed a report that stated they were using v1.37 of my plugin ... v1.35 is the latest, v1.36 is what I am working on ... time-traveller maybe? ;)
3) Maybe a box to attach things like the output of my COPY INFO button, or the text file that Pete generates on screenshots? Actually, I may rip the code out of my plugin and make it a stand-alone program, so that anyone can just run it and grab the info from the registry. Would that be useful? If the data was formatted in a particular way, could you easily parse it for the necessary required data? ie. OS, CPU, memory, DirectX version, plugins in use and version, etc.

K

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
All I can say is wow .. I didn't think the site would get such a great response so soon. One thing about me is that I am very open to new ideas so I am going to consider all these ideas you guys have been throwing out and see what I can do with them. Lewpy I will see about doing some of your request .. and the stand alone program would be great. I am thinking of making a new search function ... where you can search for certain fields. Also I do have to rely on the users for accurate information, which can be a bad downfall if the person doesn't put the right info. I will work on trying to get this as correct as possible. Man so many ideas .. I also received some on IRC too .. so I need to get a list going and see what I can do with it. Thanks everyone for the support!

Oh .. also I will work on getting a function up where anyone can do a modify request .... so if you see something wrong .. you can request to have that report modified. I will then take a look at it and approve it if it seems it needs to be changed.

·
Registered
1,238 Posts
err, lately I can only see that when I tried to reach a compatibility report:

Warning: Supplied argument is not a valid MySQL result resource in /home/wonderwo/public_html/epsxe/modules/Compatibility_List/index.php on line 1433

that s too bad.
Hope this isn t very important to fix.

bye

·
Registered
1,812 Posts
Error report: clicking on the "Surveys" link at the bottom of the page yields this message:

The requested URL /pollBooth.php was not found on this server.

Additionally, a 404 Not Found error was encountered while trying to use an ErrorDocument to handle the request.

Just lettin ya know...

BTW, Lewpy, great idea for the system specs program :)

K

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #19
oh yeah .. you just reminded me I need to fix those links at the bottom of the page. This theme was created awhile back when I was using some different files. Thanks :D

·
Registered
1,812 Posts
Error report again (boy, you owe me :p): Attempting to download Iori's SPU plug-in from anywhere on the site yields the message

The requested URL /downloads/spuIori1471.zip was not found on this server.

Additionally, a 404 Not Found error was encountered while trying to use an ErrorDocument to handle the request.

[edit] after taking a quick peek in your /downloads directory, it looks like you named the file "spuiori1471.zip" (note the non-capitalized "i").

[edit] also, "spuiori1471.zip" is an empty zip file...

Hope all this stuff is helping and not just annoying you ;)

1 - 20 of 28 Posts