Next Generation Emulation banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
From Love and Limerence
6,574 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I have an nVidia GeForce 4 MX 440 display adapter and I installed the original drivers. They worked fine for Windows and games like the older Command & Conquer series but when games such as Renegade or Medal of Honor were run, they would lag quite a bit. I contacted EA Games about this matter and just gave me a load of crap (apparently a GeForce 3 will work with those, but not mine because it wasn't listed). I then downloaded the latest drivers and a currently using the GeForce 4 MX 440SE driver, but it doesn't help as well. I have heard stories as far as compatability is concerned between the nVidia cards and their drivers, so I was wondering if anyone knows an exact driver to use for this particular chipset.

·
Registered
2,229 Posts
Don't expect running doom on such card, as you might know the GF4 MX series are like a faster Geforce2 so the card is not quite capable to run newer hungry GPU powe demanding games.

As for the drivers you could try detonator 30.82 as they're pretty fast set for GF4 MX series cards.

·
Registered
780 Posts
The Geforce 4 MX's lack the power needed for today's games. As Phoenix said, they are nothing more than an OC'ed Geforce 2, which is way out of date. Your best bet is to try the drivers he suggested, which you can get here.

·
Premium Member
6,341 Posts
I recommend you use DriverCleaner to get the current drivers off of your computer then install the Detonators that Phoenix recommended. DriverCleaner comes with a readme listing the procedure step by step :).

1 - 4 of 4 Posts