Next Generation Emulation banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
CoLD InSiDE
2,615 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Okay I was having a plan of throwing my useless TNT2 16mb and get a G-force.

So far I have been seeing manu cards out of which few are

1) G-Force by creative (Very Expensive cost 160 us dollars)
It is G-force 2 MX 32 MB ram

2) G-Force by Intex and Zoltrix (Cheap but might be useless)
It is G-force 2 MX 32 MB ram Costs 100 US Dollars

Which one is good performance wise,
and which one would give better value of money.

Also give me some information about the G-forces made by other companies.

·
Registered
183 Posts
I would recommend a card from ELSA. It makes cards of a very good quality (Made in Germany :D) and has a good support.
More generally, I would recommend to buy the new 64 MB GeForce 2 MX-400 cards. They cost here in Germany less then 140 Dollars. And since the detonator drivers are generally compatible with all GeForce cards, you will not die if your card manufacturer doesn't offer good support!

NB: Hercules/Guillemot cards have also a good reputation!

·
Registered
183 Posts
Another thing, if you want excellent performance for less money, I recommend the new KYRO-II cards. They come for 150 Dollars with 64 MB. Their performance is very good, in some cases they are better then GeForce 2 Ultra cards. However, they offer generally 10 to 20% more performance then GeForce 2 MX cards!

S

·
0 Posts
I can vouch for what Bobtns said. I have an Elsa Gladiac GEForce 2 GTS card and it is excellent. It has consistently worked w/every set of drivers I've used and it gives great performance as well. All my emulators and games run excellently w/it. So if you are look for a good brand of card, IMHO, I reccommend Elsa.
sincerely,
sx/amiga

1 - 4 of 4 Posts