Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
PCSX2 Coder
10,122 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
Common Problems and Solutions

This guide contains some of the common problems people may face when installing PCSX2 for the first time and their solutions (if any).

Q. When i load PCSX2 for the first time, it tells me PCSX2 needs to be configured, so i do and click ok, but as soon as i reload PCSX2 it crashes, what do i do?

A. The simplest solution to this is to delete the pcsx2.ini file from the "inis" folder, then reload PCSX2, once it askes you to configure again, cancel the configuration window and close PCSX2, when you reopen it again you should be able to configure it manually without it crashing. I suggest reading this guide on how to configure it correctly.

Q. Im using Linux and PCSX2 is telling me there is a problem with the Pad/USB plugin. How do i fix this?

A. The fixed plugins are here. USB Plugin and PAD Plugin

Q. When i click on the pcsx2.exe file to start the emulator i just get a "Send Report" crash box, what is wrong?

A. The most likely problem is you are trying to use the SSE2 version of PCSX2 (simply named SSE in some cases) but your PC does not have SSE2 instructions which are mainly available on Pentium 4, Pentium M, recent Celerons and Athlon 64/Opteron/FX chips. You will need to download the Normal version for your computer.

Q. GSDX9 shows an "Init failed" error when i hit run on the emulator or ZeroGS gives lots of errors in the console then says "Cannot Open GS Plugin", what is the problem?

A. As above, it is likely you are trying to use the SSE2 build of GSDX9/ZeroGS, try downloading the non-SSE2 build and trying that. Another problem which would cause this is lack of DirectX9 support on your video card, the plugin is designed for DX9 native cards with pixel shaders (Geforce 4 or Radeon 9200 and above), without this, GSDX9 might fail to run. It may be possible for you to use a piece of software to emulate pixel shaders (up to 1.4 which means you can use GSDX9) which can be found here, but the better solution is to buy a newer graphics card.

Q. When i try to run a game or the BIOS i get a message pop up saying "Could not load Memory Card "filename.mcd"", how do i fix this?

A. This is because it is looking in the wrong place for your memory cards, to solve this, goto Config->Memcards and click on "Load MCD" at the bottom on each side and reselect your memory card files (2 come bundled with pcsx2) this should solve the location error.

Q. My colours look wrong in PCSX2, my BIOS looks Orange (or any colour but blue) using GSDX9 0.7/0.8 what is wrong?

A. Your graphics card doesnt support recent pixel shaders so GSDX9 is using "Bogus" shaders. You can use GSDX9 0.6 which doesnt have this problem, you can get it from here

This thread is purely for getting started problems people have had that we have answered many times and is NOT covered by the FAQ or configuration guide and is within the rules!

·
Premium Member
bsnes, ePSXe
21,982 Posts
excellent thread, refraction :thumb: even though there are a bunch of stickies, this is a great thread and i am going to sticky it for you.

1 - 2 of 2 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.