Next Generation Emulation banner
1 - 10 of 10 Posts

· He's watching you.
1,222 Posts
this guy hates FFVII, need more to say?

· Heretic
2,771 Posts
The characters are what makes this game one of the least entertaining Final Fantasy games. Cloud acts like a spoiled child, Aeris is simply useless, Cait Sith is a joke and Barret is the stereotypical angry black man, which can make Square seem almost racist. Even some of the Shinra enemies also took away from the enjoyment of the game.
He's sort of right... but dispite that I still liked the game =/. However, its still to date the only FF game that has included a "black man", if you don't cound Waka whos sort of a tanned island person, and I think its a bit weak of him to call them racist for that.

And I know this is glancing off topic, but I think anyone who defends themselves by calling other people racist are selfish moochers who have no leverage to their abilities but the colour of their skin.

· Registered
2,199 Posts
He doesn't like Tactics but loves IX? :rolleyes:

Vanit said:
And I know this is glancing off topic, but I think anyone who defends themselves by calling other people racist are selfish moochers who have no leverage to their abilities but the colour of their skin.
I have no idea what that means.

· Read Only
10,484 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
yeah
I noticed that he's a hater who doesn't like changes and wants to stick with
the roots of older final fantasy titles.
but I wanted to know if anyone agreed with him.

Although I think he's sort of right about FFIX Quina Quen
being a bad character.

· <font color="#990000"><b>Lurking</b></font>
9,456 Posts
I agree that FF9 was underrated ( it's setting was awesome), but I disagree about it having bad music. Also, I disagree about his opinions concerning FF6 ( what the hell, if anything, FF6 had the best Story and music a FF game ever had ) and FF7. Sephiroth was one of the best FF villans ever, not just a "runner up".

Reading his opinions made me think "wtf is that guy smoking?"

Yours,
-Elly

· The Hunter
17,202 Posts
He doesn't even want to look at FF7 in a positive way. It was quite revolutionary for it's time. Sure the videos weren't as smooth as FF8's, but they looked awesome for it's time. It's like saying FF3 graphics suck just because it's NES. He was talking about FF4's ugly charm... I have the same with FF7. Although it was a different style than the Snes games, it did have it's charm, even though it was blocky.

FF7 being the worst FF game is the one I really disagree on. IMO FF8 should be there, but instead he uses the graphics and music as an arguement for FF7 being worse, but I didn't hear him about the draw system...

It's just wrong that the only time gamers that are not from Japan have come across the Onion Knight are as a weapon in Final Fantasy X and as a random animated sprite during the title menu of the Final Fantasy VI PlayStation port. It's hard to explain why, but the Onion Knight rules.
Onion Knights being the best male character? oO
FF3 had a nice story, but 4 orphans without a name just don't cut it to be the best designed character.

FF5 least entertaining? Please switch it with FF8, FF5 at least had some decent character development (in terms of leveling up and getting stronger)

Alright, I'm done :p

1 - 10 of 10 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.