Next Generation Emulation banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
InnarX
2,756 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hey all. I recently purchased Colin McRae Rally 2005, and it refuses to work. One of two things happen:

1.)The screen is black, and it loads until it opens a seperate window telling me 'Protection Error', or

2.)It loads for 2-5 seconds, where it gives me the Windows 'Send/Dont Send' error box.

No.1) happens much more frequently. So, can someone tell me how to get this working. I have Service Pack 2 installed, if that matters whatsoever.

I really wanna play this game, so can anyone help? Thanks in advance.

r2rX :(

·
Registered
5,776 Posts
Theres nothing you can do really. Ur just another victem of the Starforce 3 protection. The minor scrach, dust, fingerprint on ur DVD/CD the game wont boot. You can try to use a mini image and mount it in deamon, but im not sure if thats ok to talk about it here.

·
InnarX
2,756 Posts
Discussion Starter #3 (Edited)
The mini-image is a dark topic. ;) It's alright, I am trying something. If it works, i'll post backl. :D Thanks for your input.

EDIT: It did not work....I believe it's the Safedisc 3 or whichever anti-protection crap it uses.....any little scratch, smudge or dirt on the DVD and it refuses to work...and apparently I am one of the MANY who have the identical problem....this sucks.

r2rX :D

1 - 3 of 3 Posts