Next Generation Emulation banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Ive managed to convert many codes to pnach but this one i cant seem to figure out....

Press L1+Square For Item Box Anywhere
DB668959 B34ED512 // This is code im having trouble with i cant seem to convert it at all.... ive tried everything i can think of and seen all guides i could find like:
redlof's Guide to Convert Codetwink Cheats to PNACH Files! for newbs.

// Below is part 2 of the item box cheat which i already completed
//0A85455C 00000004 (This code is already working)
//patch=1,EE,00433166,byte,00000004

these codes come from :
CodeTwink Network - Resident Evil-Code Veronica X - Misc. Codes (PS2 Cheats)

All other cheats ive used work but anything that begins with a "DB" i cant get working... does anybody know a solution here?.

Thanks. :)

·
Registered
9 Posts
I'm having the same problem with this code.
I did manage to get the Save Anywhere code to work though. which is curious because it is a joker command too (A code that can be toggled on/off by pressing a button in game). So I would say that the problem is the part that defines which button is used to toggle the code. I'm not very good at these codes, just something I picked up on.

These are converted raw codes I'm working with. The top line (D1E0DBC2) is the toggle part, and the 0000BBFF is the buttons you push to toggle the code on/off with. In this case the FF I believe is the L1 button and the BB is the X button. The trick is to figure out what all the buttons codes are and therein might be the problem. I could be totally wrong here, like I said I'm not a hex code master and I'm doing alot of guessing, but maybe there is a clue in there.

(Converted raw code) -
//Press L1 + X to Save Anywhere
patch=1,EE,D1E0DBC2,extended,0000BBFF
patch=1,EE,00433166,extended,00000020

This is the converted code I got from the same site you did and I can't get it to work either.

//Press L1+ Square For Item Box
patch=1,EE,D1E0DBC2,extended,0000FFFD
patch=1,EE,00433166,extended,00000004

·
Registered
9 Posts
Well if you don't mind using the Security Box instead of the Item Box to store stuff in this code works...

//Press L2 + Square For Security Box 1
patch=1,EE,D1E0DBC2,extended,00007EFF
patch=1,EE,00433166,extended,0000000C

I suppose it's a viable option since you can access it from anywhere and it has 30 slots. Much smaller than the 128 slot Item box, but it's better than nothing.

Here is a link that explains joker commands. Maybe this will help.

http://www.cheatcc.com/psx/codes/jokercom.html#.Tq1qO7JiKpo

·
Registered
9 Posts
Ok well I figured it out, the button codes in the joker command were wrong just as I suspected. I changed the very last digit on the code in my last post from a C to a 4 and it opens the item box :)

So if you don't mind using the L2 + Square buttons to open the Item Box instead of the Security Box, here you go.

//Press L2 + Square For Item Box
patch=1,EE,D1E0DBC2,extended,00007EFF
patch=1,EE,00433166,extended,00000004

I'll have to figure out what the L1 button code is later, but for now this works fine.

·
Registered
9 Posts
Yeah, but I was playing the game anyway and was having the same problem so I did a search to see if anyone else had the problem and had solved it. So I posted what I came up with for the next person that does a search.

I figured it was better than having multiple threads on the same thing.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.