Next Generation Emulation banner
1 - 20 of 21 Posts

·
Registered
16 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I don't know if this is in the right forum, sorry. So i bought CODMW2 and installed it. I click the sp or mp shortcut and the screen goes black for like 2 seconds and reverts me back to the desktop. What do i do? I am running vista home premium 32 bit. I looked at other forums and changed some settings like my sound to 24 bit, 48000 Hz (studio quality) and that didn't work. Next i changed the game compatibility to run in 256 colors and that didn't work either. Any advice?

·
Drowning in a red state.
9,083 Posts
I don't know if this is in the right forum, sorry. So i bought CODMW2 and installed it. I click the sp or mp shortcut and the screen goes black for like 2 seconds and reverts me back to the desktop. What do i do? I am running vista home premium 32 bit. I looked at other forums and changed some settings like my sound to 24 bit, 48000 Hz (studio quality) and that didn't work. Next i changed the game compatibility to run in 256 colors and that didn't work either. Any advice?
Post your pc specs or we won't be able to help you.

·
Registered
10,692 Posts
Video Card? Version of Windows?

Why did you turn compatibility on for a new game? Call of Duty Men of War 2 requires better than 256 colors...

·
Registered
10,692 Posts
Go to the desktop, find a clear area (no icons) on your screen, move the pointer there and right click, select properties, select the settings tab, then it will list the display, that will show the video card and monitor you're using...

·
Registered
10,692 Posts
thanks =]
NVIDIA GeForce 6150SE nForce 430
Your video card is NOT good enough as is, here's the requirements for Call of Duty Modern Warfare 2, according to Steam, the minimum requirements...

OS: Microsoft Windows XP or Windows Vista (Windows 95/98/ME/2000 are unsupported)
Processor: Intel Pentium 4 3.2 GHz or AMD Athlon 64 3200+ processor or better supported
Memory: 1 GB RAM
Graphics: 256 MB NVIDIA GeForce 6600GT or better or ATI Radeon 1600XT or better
DirectX®: Microsoft DirectX(R) 9.0c
Hard Drive: 12GB of free hard drive space
Sound: 100% DirectX 9.0c compatible sound card
Internet: Broadband connection and service required for Multiplayer Connectivity. Internet Connection required for activation.
Co-op/Multiplayer Hosting: To host Co-op or MP matches, a 2Ghz dual-core or better processor is recommended.

I'm betting your video is onboard as well, and it's using some of your computers internal memory, also what version of Windows are you using Windows XP? Vista? 7?

·
Registered
5,977 Posts
Your video card is entirely awful, very possible that the game just won't run on it at all.

If your computer has a PCI-Express slot, you may be able to get a semi-decent cheap GPU to play it.

I have that onboard GPU on my computer and it won't run alot of games.

·
Registered
16 Posts
Discussion Starter · #13 ·
hm, i have a NVIDEA GeForce 7600 GT graphics card on my other computer, would that work if i switched them out? My other computer has a internet problem so i couldn't just run the game on that one (i posted the problem a couple days ago, no solution to it. If you wanna take a look lol)

·
Registered
5,977 Posts
Okay I think this should fix it:
1) Boot into safe mode
2) Uninstall the drivers from the old graphics card (You may have to use a driver cleaner program)
3) start up, it should start in normal mode now and just install the newest drivers for your card.

·
You're already dead...
5,472 Posts
1 - 20 of 21 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.