Next Generation Emulation banner
1 - 20 of 29 Posts

·
___GANTZ Fan Boy___
406 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I have just finished downloading it from Steam. It's so expensive and so big in size (around 12Gb of data, and taking almost 3 full days to finish).

My hope was really high as I love the original MW and believed that the PC version "should" be superior to the console counterpart. The file size itself is twice as big as the console version, so I thought at least texture and sound should be better than those of console version.

I launched the game, set everything to highest/extra and started the game, then I was great with what!... low-res texture.

Well, this isn't the first scene, I just use it to show that low res texture like this can be found everywhere and it's really disappointing since the game is twice as big (6.x Gb Vs 12Gb), and not to mention it's a bit too short too (less than 6Hrs of gameplay).

One thing I can't complain is performance as the game can maintain solid 60FPS ([email protected]), regardless of how hectic the scene is.

BTW below are some shots taken @1360*768 /w everything @Max. It's just the 1st hour of the game, so not much going on here.

·
The Hunter
15,879 Posts
Good heavens, even by console standards that's low resolution. I've seen better stuff on Dreamcast oO

·
Registered
809 Posts
Graphics are not THAT bad. Most of the character models looks pretty good.

BTW, how fun is this game compared to modern warfare 1?

·
Banned
23,263 Posts
who gives a flying **** about character models.
if you can't give the environment atleast Q3 engine quality details, then you should GTFO of the gaming business

·
TEKKEN LORD
1,287 Posts
lots of people give a flying **** about chars. models , but that doesnt justify using these lame ass low resolution textures , by Thors hammer God of war 1 has better textures than this oO

lighting seems ok thou and so is the smoke kinda volumetric

·
The Hunter
15,879 Posts
well what do expect with a console port, yes in an interview it more and less stated this...

expect this and console games getting much more attention form now on, like assasins creed 2 being released before pc
The thing is that AC is a console game, in its core. COD has always been a PC game at the core, the PC is the leading platform, hence why it's unacceptable having this version brought down to console levels. Especially since these textures should not even be seen on the current generation of consoles, since they're of PS2 quality.

Of course it's nitpicking, and if you're in a hectic online game you probably won't notice, but still, it's distracting and a stain on an otherwise good looking game.

·
Unlimited...
6,434 Posts
Is sad that IW gave up on the pc. From now on is going to be console ports. Ironic considering where the COD series started. Im so glad i saved my 60$. Ill get Bad Company 2 instead. The multiplayer there looks more fun than here thanks to the awesome destruction =)

·
___GANTZ Fan Boy___
406 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
Don't tell me PC version is a console stripped down (I know it's a port but don't expect anything to be cut off in the process). I myself own the 360 but decided to hold of buying the console version to get the "superior" PC version. Well, maybe I'm wrong.

Weird... it ain't looking like that on my 360.

...or you know what, I'm plugging the 360 into my monitor to find out... later on.
Please do!

This sandbag is in the 1st chapter in school. This is the shot covering the whole screen so it may be easier for you to figure out where it is.

When you're at it, also look at the floor, vehicle tyres, etc, as I saw low-res texture there too.

For example...

Graphics are not THAT bad. Most of the character models looks pretty good.

BTW, how fun is this game compared to modern warfare 1?
It's not that bad of course, as I said, it seems like they cut corners and just port the PC version without trying to improve anything. And if they choose to go that route, why it's 2 times bigger than console version? Not to mention the increased retail price from 49$ to 59$, similar price to that of console version.

Whether it's fun or not is kinda subjective, so you can't take my opinion for grant. IMO, from what I have played so far (around 3 hrs), it's kinda bland, especially when comparing to the first MW. The game is still quite good, but taking into account the expensive retail price and its short of content, I can't say I'm satisfied either.

·
Is it a dream...
616 Posts
It irritates me that they strip the game down to be equal to the consoles, when pcs can do far more. if your gonna strip it down, at least make it cross platform play.

but at least it came out at the same time as the console version. thats another thing that is pissin me off with pc gaming. just look at lost planet 2. not a sign of a pc release. but the mt framework was made so that they could port it from the PC to the consoles. the e3 demo was running off of a PC! so why do we not get a release, or have to wait 6 months more for something that is being build on the pc first...

·
Finger of Doom
823 Posts
I have yet to see a floor in a game look as good as The Last Remnant's. Might post some screens tomorrow.

·
Registered
1,620 Posts
you have to remember last remnant has long load times hence better textures... the low res texture here could explain for quicker loading especially since it has much more and bigger scripted events than before and you have to remember its loading while a video is playing

·
Level 9998
9,384 Posts
Okay, checked. Seems like the game runs at a much lower resolution than what those screenshots are running at so the TV filter as well as the internal scaler of the 360 make it look sharper than it should be.

Maybe they're all the same... I can't really tell since it's blurry and sharp at the same time and there's jaggies all over the place. One thing is for sure: this game looks much better at lower res save for the char models.

·
Banned
23,263 Posts
last remnant also looks like **** otherwise :D

·
Finger of Doom
823 Posts
last remnant also looks like **** otherwise :D
Correction: The faces of human characters look like ****. Outdoor and indoor areas that are not man-constructed(such as caves, plains and other) only look decent(with a few exceptions). Places like cities look quite good, though. I might try and get some screens later today, if my CPU doesn't overheat and turn off, like has been happening lately while under heavy load.

1 - 20 of 29 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.