Next Generation Emulation banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I'm currently developing a website where anyone can choose some cheats and hit a button to generate a cheat file for use with a particular emulator. I have the nes and snes section up, and I'm currently working on the gameboy section. To have vba available, I just need to know the structure of the clt files. I believe I have already figured most of it out, but I would like it to be as accurate as possible.

Here is what I've got so far-

(bytes)
00-03 - ??
04-07 - ??
08-0b - # of codes

1st code-
0c-1f - code
20-3f - description
40-41 - address
42-43 - ??
44 - is Gameshark(?)
45 - is Game Genie(?)
46-47 - ??
48 - compare
49 - value
4a - enabled/disabled
4b - blank(?)

Any feedback would be great. Here is the current url of the site I'm working on if you're interested.

Export Cheats - Your Cheat File Resource!

Thanks.

·
Hackin 'n Slashin
28,630 Posts
Offtopic but seeing as I can't help with the topic at hand and figure this is a really cool idea (for those of us that love being lazy anyways XD) so you may want to check out BSFree or Anti-GSC (basically duplicates of each other) so you can flesh out your selection of codes a lot more.

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
I don't think the admins of either of those sites would want me to do that. I could ask, but I don't think I'll get anywhere. I could steal them, but of all kinds of people to piss off, hackers aren't one of them.

·
Hackin 'n Slashin
28,630 Posts
Just give credit where credit is due, that's enough...besides both of those sites already technically have stolen code as both of them are a revolt against GSCentral by some of the code creators that used to contribute their codes to them but are appalled at the current state of the site.

·
Banned
23,263 Posts
vba is open source.

use that to your advantage.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.