Next Generation Emulation banner

1 - 20 of 34 Posts

·
Registered
Joined
·
30 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
LOL, Is it just me or is the #1 type of post recently has been a closed one? FYI everyone read the rules and the saying "there is no such thing as a stupid question", might be true BUT "for every action there is a just as powerful reaction"

And does anyone know where I can find a rom for a game about rom hunters who just dont know when to quit hunting for roms?
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
1,936 Posts
this has nothing to do with psx.
 

·
Premium Member
Joined
·
21,977 Posts
ok, moved to site feedback and questions.

FYI everyone read the rules
so let's see...everyone reads the rules, and decides to break them right away? yeah right. hardly anyone reads the rules, it's sad. if they read the rules they'd see that this isn't a piracy forum..yet they still dont read em.

the saying "there is no such thing as a stupid question", might be true BUT "for every action there is a just as powerful reaction"
man, come on. what that first saying means is that you wont be whacked on the head if you ask "my game runs slow at certain part" or something like that. that's what we're here for; just because we know the answers doesnt mean everyone else doesnt. any your second thing, that's one of Newton's laws, that doesnt apply to message boards ;)
 

·
Premium Member
Joined
·
12,032 Posts
Well this is how it is:

People don't read the rules
People ask stupid questions
People get their threads closed, or
in the worst case scenario get banned.

Recently their seems to be a flood of Rom asking and people discussing "This ISO I downloaded ..." and obviously they did't read the rules. Meh, just seems like people aren't caring to read recently, but this has been going on since the days of PSX Emu.
 

·
Emulation Junkie
Joined
·
828 Posts
You know...one thing I've always wondered, is why you close threads because people TALK about illegal things...like someone mentions that they illegally acquired a psx bios. Yeah, so??? That's THEIR problem. And also, last time I checked, we do have freedom of speech, which means we can TALK about illegal stuff all we want to. Not that I condone piracy (you should see my video game collection) but I just think that there is a fine line between enforcing rules, and censorship. Now if someone provides links, that's a different matter, but if someone comes on here and says, hey, I downloads this rom, or bios, or iso, or whatever....either they are going to get caught, or they aren't...either way they will probably continue downloading...closing their thread isn't going to stop it. They will just go to another forum. Also, I realize there are people from multiple countries here, so I guess my american right to free speech doesn't cover everyone, but still...they way you guys enforce the piracy rules in here, it's almost as if you are condemning even talk about it, which is LEGAL in most places.

Either way, I'm in a weird mood today, and as I was reading this post, this thought just started buggin me, so don't put to much stock in it, because I probably already know the answer that will be given to me.

"In order to keep the rom leeching noobs away, we are essentially enforcing a ban on all talk of anything regarding piracy because if we start letting people talk about it, it will just attract more rom leeching noobs"....or something like that anyway. Which I guess is good in theory, but again, I think borders on censorship.

Don't get me wrong, I love these forums...you guys are cool. (Although the religion threads get a little out of hand....hehehehe) but anyway....I'm just on a rant today...don't know why....

/end rant
 

·
Premium Member
Joined
·
12,032 Posts
>>And also, last time I checked, we do have freedom of speech, which means we can TALK about illegal stuff all we want to.

Ummm, speaking of illegal things puts NGEMU and Emuforums at jepoardy. This makes it look like we are supporting illegal activities, when we are not. Even talking about illegal things can get a site an/or forums shut down for your information.

>closing their thread isn't going to stop it.

Um, on the contrary. Closing their thread makes them realize they did something wrong. If they continue they will get banned. That ottta stop them ;)

>>but anyway....I'm just on a rant today...don't know why....

Well you are in a rant, but you seem to have wrong views towards what these forums are about. We are all about good clean fun. NGEMU has been clean and not discussing illegal things, and that's why they havn't been shut down or even warned. Sony and Nintendo are a real ***** to deal with. So let's try to not have to deal with them ... ever.
 

·
The Hunter
Joined
·
15,879 Posts
Perhaps what you are saying about not being allowed to mention that you have illegally aquired a rom or bios, is meant to make clear we do not support piracy. So we hope that by doing so, the member will think about his actions of piracy...
 

·
Banned
Joined
·
7 Posts
>>Ummm, speaking of illegal things puts NGEMU and Emuforums at jepoardy. This makes it look like we are supporting illegal activities, when we are not. Even talking about illegal things can get a site an/or forums shut down for your information.


um... not true, talking about and sharing illegal games of software dont get most sites/forums shut down. I know many forums that do that and have never been shut down and have been around for years.
 

·
Premium Member
Joined
·
12,032 Posts
It's only a matter of time Dontar ... The point is, NGEMU, it's staff and I would hope it's members wouldn't want this to happen, or even it to be thought of happening.

The rules are there in for a reason, and aren't going to be changed anytime soon - if ever. THE END.
 

·
PS2 PAL[v9], PS3Slim PAL
Joined
·
5,370 Posts
Freedom? of course, it was your choice that you have joined NGemu forum, and doing that you've accepted its rules :) simple :)

BTW. There ain't such thing as freedom :p
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
30 Posts
Discussion Starter #11 (Edited)
lol, this is the most post i have ever had on a thread i started!

Edit: Sorry I posted this in the wrong section, I had just happened to notice a lot of closed threads in the PSX fourm
 

·
Premium Member
Joined
·
12,032 Posts
Oh and another thing ... Freedom of Speech doesn't necesarily apply to the internet. ;) Maybe in the country you live but remember, the internet (depending on the site) will have its own laws. ;)
 

·
Emulation Junkie
Joined
·
828 Posts
Razor: It doesn't matter anymore...I was in a weird mood this morning, still kinda am, but not in the same way. Anyway, a couple of points: Your response seems to be saying you think I condone piracy...well, I don't. I was just simply saying I don't exactly see what's wrong with simply talking about something illegal. I could tell somebody that I was thinking about killing someone...and it wouldn't be a crime till I actually did it. Talk is just that....TALK, and usually, talk is cheap. And I also don't mean talk as in tutorials telling people how to hack and crack and download all kinds of stuff....I just simply mean talk about the act of piracy, and other illegal things.

Also, one other contradicition I've always noticed. If someone actually says they downloaded the rom, you yell at them about piracy and close the thread. If someone posts a question simply saying they are having a problem with a game, most people will usually answer it. Don't you think it's safe to assume they downloaded the game too??? How many people actually dump their own roms??? Now with iso's, it's easier, but for roms and bios's, I'd say it is safe to assume it's downloaded. And by that token, I'd say if somebody wanted to shut down this site they probably could....it would just be a little harder. I hope it never happens though.

God....I really gotta get out of this funk I'm in.....
 

·
<font color="#990000"><b>Lurking</b></font>
Joined
·
9,358 Posts
Dontar said:
um... not true, talking about and sharing illegal games of software dont get most sites/forums shut down. I know many forums that do that and have never been shut down and have been around for years.
and I know that we got a few "nice" emails from sony/nintendo throughout the past years. Thanks to our stance, we are still alive.

And seriously, use to your heads. You REALLY don't have to mention that you have an illegal bios ( That is, if you are really a hopeless case and chose the illegal method to obtain it). Persistance in such act sounds like a way to say "Well, I pirated it. Screw you and your rules!".....

Yours,
-Elly
 

·
Premium Member
Joined
·
3,093 Posts
Jldnr77 said:
Razor: It doesn't matter anymore...I was in a weird mood this morning, still kinda am, but not in the same way. Anyway, a couple of points: Your response seems to be saying you think I condone piracy...well, I don't. I was just simply saying I don't exactly see what's wrong with simply talking about something illegal. I could tell somebody that I was thinking about killing someone...and it wouldn't be a crime till I actually did it. Talk is just that....TALK, and usually, talk is cheap. And I also don't mean talk as in tutorials telling people how to hack and crack and download all kinds of stuff....I just simply mean talk about the act of piracy, and other illegal things.
But it's different if i say "I just killed someone", or "Where can i buy a wapon, i'm going to kill someone". If i help you get the weapon, and you kill someone, i'll be just as guilty as you. If i acknowledge that you comitted a crime, and i support you, i'll be in the same situation. There's a difference between "what if.." (like when people ask if d/l is ilegal, when they are kindly answered) and "i did".

Jldnr77 said:
Also, one other contradicition I've always noticed. If someone actually says they downloaded the rom, you yell at them about piracy and close the thread. If someone posts a question simply saying they are having a problem with a game, most people will usually answer it. Don't you think it's safe to assume they downloaded the game too??? How many people actually dump their own roms??? Now with iso's, it's easier, but for roms and bios's, I'd say it is safe to assume it's downloaded. And by that token, I'd say if somebody wanted to shut down this site they probably could....it would just be a little harder. I hope it never happens though.

God....I really gotta get out of this funk I'm in.....
There's no contradiction, it's just like laws act: i'm not entitled to act as a divine judge, but rather to act when i have evidence. Just as you can't be sent to prison if there's no proof to support your guiltness, i can't assume everyone is doing bad without real knowledge. But if i can be sure that someone did, believe me, i'm gonna do what's better for ngemu: stop the discussion just right there.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
38 Posts
Hmm, piracy eh? The first post in this topic was about downloading a ROM. They're just as illegal. And I gotta download an iso because my CD-ROM won't run? Isn't it legal if you own an actual copy of the game? Plenty of people talk about isos in this forum. Do you think half of them own the actual game?
 

·
<font color="#990000"><b>Lurking</b></font>
Joined
·
9,358 Posts
garyv said:
Isn't it legal if you own an actual copy of the game? Plenty of people talk about isos in this forum.
No.

garyv said:
Plenty of people talk about isos in this forum. Do you think half of them own the actual game?
No either. But you can't go by accusing people of downloading roms/isos, because ( suprise suprise...>_>), there are actually people who DO own the game and THE Iso.

Nonetheless, that doesn't give you the excuse to say it here. I don't give a damn if all 1345 friends you know download from <insert popular warez site here>, nor do I give a damn if people stopped buying original games. NGemu will always follow a non-tolerant stance against piracy , like it or not.

Yours,
-Elly
 

·
!!!METAL UNCLE!!!
Joined
·
1,951 Posts
And I gotta download an iso because my CD-ROM won't run? Isn't it legal if you own an actual copy of the game?
Only legal way to acquire ISO is to make one from your own CD with some burning program or ISOBuster etc... Downloading, even if you own the game, is illegal even if result is same with own-made-ISO.
 
1 - 20 of 34 Posts
Top