Next Generation Emulation banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
So my save game for Pokemon Platinum didn't work but I think I know why. For some reason, the saved file was only 422 bytes (I thought i had set it to 512k, but I guess something happened).

So if I set the settings to Flash 512k and save those settings, and save a game, then close the emulator completely, then boot up the emulator again and if the save-game works then, am I good?

Thanks.

·
ಠ_ಠ
2,598 Posts
So my save game for Pokemon Platinum didn't work but I think I know why. For some reason, the saved file was only 422 bytes (I thought i had set it to 512k, but I guess something happened).
The saves for any games that's created from no$gba are compressed by default, so you don't need to worry about this.

So if I set the settings to Flash 512k and save those settings, and save a game, then close the emulator completely, then boot up the emulator again and if the save-game works then, am I good?
Yes. Also, the save file will be updated when you reload the same game or load another game.

·
Hopeless Optimist
3,100 Posts
The savetype refers to the maximal uncompressed save file size. No$ uses compression methods unless changed in the .ini file (as needed by some apps) and does not generate a big pile of 00-Bytes.
Also note that Pokémon needs to be expicitly saved in-game (no autosave) and that you have to reset the game if you change the savetype for it to take effect.
Another problem that may arise in the long run is that Pokemon is prone to the infamous Microphone wave in error. Should that happen, the emulator will shut down without writing the save file.
Other than that, your assumption is completely correct: it should work just that way.

·
ಠ_ಠ
2,598 Posts
Hmm, I edited the .ini file to change the Compressed thing to Uncompressed (read somewhere on this board that it helped). My save file should be 512kb now right?
Yes, but I don't see why would you want to do that, unless you want to use pokesav.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.