Next Generation Emulation banner

1 - 16 of 16 Posts

·
Banned
23,263 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
Just unpack the attached to your firefox profile folder and run the compact_sqlite.bat file.

Update
added a pause state, if for incase you start it while Fx is still running.

·
Curiously Cheddar
2,077 Posts
Done. Nothing really noticeable, but every little bit helps I guess.

For whoever doesn't know where the profile folder is, just past the following into the address bar: %APPDATA%\Mozilla\Firefox\Profiles\
Be sure to close your Firefox windows before running it, else it doesn't work.

·
ヒット激しく速く
19,429 Posts
Thx seems to be smoother. (actually like when i first install it)
I searched google cause i had no idea about sqlite :lol:
You should have also mentioned that it free's disk space (in some cases alot ).

·
Registered Anime Hater
8,674 Posts
Its an age-old problem with me: Can't download the freakin' attachments! Can anyone please upload it to Rapidshare or MediaFire and post the link?

·
Registered Anime Hater
8,674 Posts
Picture attachments seem to work, but others don't. Same was the case when I tried to download the "NGEMU browser" Sidd made in the Programming discussion. This problem I'm having stretches back way farther back then even that, I made a thread about this problem in the feedback section back in 2008, an admin said it was as issue about access privileges, but the problem remains unsolved to this day.

I get a "The requested URL could not be retrieved" error.

·
Level 9998
9,384 Posts
Squall: Can't we append some generic paths in the batch file so that it would run from anywhere in the world? ;p Not that I know the syntax of the arguments that need to be passed to sqlite3.exe but...

·
Banned
23,263 Posts
Discussion Starter #12 (Edited)
Squall: Can't we append some generic paths in the batch file so that it would run from anywhere in the world? ;p Not that I know the syntax of the arguments that need to be passed to sqlite3.exe but...

I tried tht, but the sqlite3.exe doesn't handle long paths well,using the path %appdata%\mozilla, it would get stuck at mozilla

you can also use this to clean up the url3classifier in the Roaming profile (local settings\application data\mozilla\firefox\profiles\)

Thx seems to be smoother. (actually like when i first install it)
I searched google cause i had no idea about sqlite :lol:
You should have also mentioned that it free's disk space (in some cases alot ).

Yeah i know.

Mozilla have apparently given up on the Garbage collection cleanup for the sqlite files so... i've seen places.sqlite reach 170MB

·
Level 9998
9,384 Posts
Mmm... I was thinking you could copy the files there then execute them right there and delete them after use if a path doesn't work.

But is there any way to really know the name of your Firefox profile folder? I'm kinda stumped there. oO Wildcards (? and *) only works for "cd" and will not work for "copy" or "move" no matter what magic I use. Argg... or maybe my googling skills aren't good enough.

·
Banned
23,263 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
you could read profiles.ini for the profile paths..... would require a application written to check %appdata%\mozilla\firefox\profiles.ini

Offer the user a profile to vacuum, then run the application against the corresponding profile in the local (Profile cache) and roaming (main profiles)

·
Level 9998
9,384 Posts
you could read profiles.ini for the profile paths..... would require a application written to check %appdata%\mozilla\firefox\profiles.ini

Offer the user a profile to vacuum, then run the application against the corresponding profile in the local (Profile cache) and roaming (main profiles)
And then we're suddenly turning it into a GUI. :p But I guess... it's okay as is. The user should go in and take a look at what **** they have in their profile folders, anyway. Also how bloated those **** are.

1 - 16 of 16 Posts