Next Generation Emulation banner

1 - 20 of 44 Posts

·
Registered
9,504 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
I finished my clay replica of a FF Chocobo this afternoon. It won't be fully done and glazed until another week (until my real ceramics teacher comes back), but I'll try to get some "pre-firing" pictures tomorrow or Friday ;)

edit> forgot to mention: the tail will look a little bit small. It was impossible to keep the size of the real tail up, so I had to scale back so the wings could support the tail more.

edit #2> whoops, I just remembered I forgot to add the little button details on his chest. No worries, I'll add them tomorrow or Friday, whenever I take the picture

edit #3> oh...and there are no legs. The clay is so heavy that the legs couldn't hold it up (I used 2x more clay than other classmates...I want my 15 buck service fee well worth it!!!) :p

Anyways, here is the picture I based the model on:

·
Premium Member
12,032 Posts
Sweet! :D

·
Canadian Spaceman
8,767 Posts
Hehe, I look forward to seeing it :D

·
Registered
9,504 Posts
Discussion Starter #9 (Edited)
Some unfortunate news to report:

The tail was a little bit too thin.....when I was doing some final cosmetic touches to the tail with the pintool, the tail snapped in half :doh: Since it was air dried, I had to get the clay moist again by wrapping it with paper towels and putting it in a bag....that will take the weekend to get soft again -_-

fortunately I remembered to snap a shot before all this happened. I'll try to upload it soon, that is if I remember where I put the USB cable :p

so I guess there's no more excuse for having a small tail now :p

·
Registered
9,504 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
as I promised, here is the picture I took before: now the only difference from then and now is that the tail is snapped off.....once the clay softens enough, I'll make a thicker one

oh and the thing under his chin is a wet paper towel :p

·
No People, No Problems
648 Posts
Nice work!!

·
Premium Member
21,977 Posts
heh, that's great dude. i did clay projects last year but they all turned out like crap because i suck at making clay things. good job though :D

·
Registered
10,223 Posts
hmm, thats actually a good idea... maybe ill do something like that next semester... havent done any clayworking since gr 10 i think... it kinda reminds me of the chocobo i used for an avatar

·
Registered
2,535 Posts
Strider said:
hmm, thats actually a good idea... maybe ill do something like that next semester... havent done any clayworking since gr 10 i think... it kinda reminds me of the chocobo i used for an avatar
it kindof was ; i saved it when i first joined the fourms. i have no clue why i saved it though :cool:

·
Premium Member
12,032 Posts
Looking great Kirby. But the question is ... Will you be making a Kirby!?

·
Emulation to the max!
2,560 Posts
LOL! A kirby! That's what I wana see. But great job on the chocobo. Paint him and it will be a masterpiece.

·
Registered
2,535 Posts
Razor Blade said:
Looking great Kirby. But the question is ... Will you be making a Kirby!?
you think that wouldve been his first idea other than the chocobo. But he probley wanted a chalange though than just making a big pink ball of clay

·
Premium Member
12,032 Posts
>>But he probley wanted a chalange though than just making a big pink ball of clay

Kirby is more than that! :laugh: :p

·
Registered
9,504 Posts
Discussion Starter #20
The assigned project was to make a clay bird....so instantly I thought of a Chocobo or a Zapdos :p peer pressure won that fight....

hey, my alternative idea was Tux :p

1 - 20 of 44 Posts