Next Generation Emulation banner

1 - 20 of 28 Posts

·
Registered
858 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Sad news, a promising fan made game, ct2bot....appears that this project is done for....

I'm sorry guys. I give up. I am so friking ticked off at the moment it is making me sleepy. 2 days before I was going to pack up the game (in a setup.exe cool installation file) and upload it onto www.dhost.info, My dad, WITHOUT MY FRIKING PERMISSION, went to the comp store and got it reformatted. The good thing is, computers back to full 120 gb hardrive, instead of having only 3 gb left. The bad news is, EVERYTHING GOT DELETED. OMG. I give up on this project. theres nothing else I can do. Sorry guys. CTIIBoT, is finished.
http://www.chrono-trigger.com/index.php
http://invisionfree.com/forums/Spectral_Wars_Gaya/index.php?showtopic=535

Man this sucks, nomore ct projects anymore :(

·
Administrator
8,200 Posts
theres still the Chrono Trigger Remake... even though not much new have been posted on their mainpage for a while...

sad to see a project die like this...

·
Registered
858 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Chrono Archangel said:
theres still the Chrono Trigger Remake... even though not much new have been posted on their mainpage for a while...

sad to see a project die like this...
this is the chrono trigger remake :(

·
Emulation Junkie
828 Posts
Went to the comp store to get it reformatted??? OMG....As if it isn't bad enough he did that without asking anyone if they wanted to back up their data first, he TOOK IT IN TO HAVE IT REFORMATTED???? That is truly pathetic. Sorry about your luck, man.

·
Experenced But New User
866 Posts
Dude, there are ways of getting information off of formated harddrives. I know this for a fact. Someone help him out!

·
Premium Member
12,032 Posts
Really, Only a professional can do it, so if he wants to spend big $$$ he can go for it. It is very pricy though.

·
Registered
1,435 Posts
So there is a way to retrieve infomation from a 100% formatted HD? Is like digging out garbage from an empty garbage bin...

·
Registered
774 Posts
I used Easy Recovery when some dumbass techies at gateway acidently formatted my old HD while putting in a new one. I was able to get most of my data back. Of course, whether or not the project can be recovered depends on if he's overwritten any of it yet.

·
The Hunter
15,879 Posts
But the most foolish part is that his father let someone else format the whole thing. What is the reason of letting someone else do that, while your son is able to program entire games? oO

·
Experenced But New User
866 Posts
even if he retreaves only part of it, its better than none. If he still dosent want to work on it, he could pass the fragmented code onto someone else to work on too.

·
Registered
1,447 Posts
You can get a program from norton, that will get all the data off of your hdd as long as you haven't overwritten that sector yet. When you delete something, its still there it just erases it from the index.

·
Registered
822 Posts
Well that is very unfortunate, hopefully he at least attempt to recover the lost data and salvage the project for someone else to try that would at least keep it alive.

·
KO'ed User
935 Posts
Even though you can restore some of the data, would actually bother if every single file is gone? I mean, after going thorugh the shock what you have lost, itsn't easy to just go and try to get it back...

·
InnarX
2,756 Posts
And to continue on Norbi's point, even then....100% recovery from a formatted drive is impossible.....which means that his game would still be mixed up and portions missing....and sorting through that mess is also not funny.

I remember formatting my HD by mistake (typed c:\ instead of d:\ ) and I got so upset. Then I used the Norton Recovery Util, but it only saved 80% or so of my HD.

So, I'm real sorry to anyone who has been through this.

r2rX :)

·
<font color="#FF0066"><b>Advanced Newbie</b></font
5,797 Posts
Retrieveing the information from that HD could be easy, but only with luck the whole project could be retrieved, Getdataback for NTFS/FAT is the best program i know for that, i remember last time (like a month ago) i recovered my entire music collection but the movies were a no go, BTW easyrecovery is a total crap

1 - 20 of 28 Posts