Next Generation Emulation banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I know this has been asked several times, so I apologize for my ignorance in advance.

I'm new to ePSXe, and very slow at catching on. I tried searching, but I couldent understand quite what to do (I'm computer inept)

So my problem is as follows:

When I start Chrono Cross up, everything seems fine, then I select new game and the vibration function. That's when I am given just a black screen.

I have absolutly no clue where to start in order to fix it. I really dont understand how any of this works so if someone could please help me out (Using lamens terms, as I am not that computer smart, heh.)

I would list my spec's it make it easyer if it werent for the fact that I have no clue what to list. So if someone could possible give me a step by step process to fix this I would really appreciate it.

Sorry for making this so long, I really hope someone can help. Thanks alot in advance! :)

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Yeloazndevil said:
post your video plug-in settings and your pc specs.
As far as I know these are the settings (I think I clicked the right thing)

Plugin: P.E.Op.S. Soft Driver 1.1.16
Author: Pete Bernert and the P.E.Op.S. team

Resolution/Color:
- 640x480 Fullscreen - [16 Bit]
Stretch mode: 0
Dither mode: 0

Framerate:
- FPS limit: on
- Frame skipping: off
- FPS limit: 70

Misc:
- Scanlines: disabled
- Game fixes: off [00000000]

And Im not sure If I got the proper system specs, but this is how I was how I was told to do it.

System Information
------------------

Operating System: Windows XP Home Edition (5.1, Build 2600) Service Pack 1 (2600.xpsp2.030422-1633)
Language: English (Regional Setting: English)
Processor: Mobile Intel(R) Pentium(R) 4 - M CPU 2.00GHz
Memory: 494MB RAM
Page File: 301MB used, 856MB available
Windows Dir: C:\WINDOWS
DirectX Version: DirectX 9.0a (4.09.0000.0901)
DX Setup Parameters: Not found
DxDiag Version: 5.03.0000.0901 32bit Unicode

If this isnt right please tell me, I'll try to do it properly.

Thanks again for the help.

·
Registered
9,506 Posts
all the major plugins are available @ http://www.ngemu.com/psx/epsxe.php?action=plugins

However I noticed from your specs you are use a laptop.... so it may not give enough preformance for the plugin Hexedian suggested. Also I don't think it's gfx related, as the game shows the menus :p.

Try enabling the enable log option and checking the dos window to see if it has any errors (just post it's content here up to the point were you have a crash.)

·
Premium Member
3,093 Posts
Easy solution (hopefully :p ): head to www.epsxe.com, download section, and download epsxe 1.5.2 instead of the latest (1.6.0). Go to the video plugin configuration in either peops or pete's opengl and look for a checkbox labelled as 'special game fixes' (or 'activate special...'). Check it and push the '...' button next to it. Look for one called 'odd/even bit hack' and check it to. Save the configuration.That should let you start the game.

There's the hard version, wich makes it work on ePSXe 1.6.0. You have to start the emulator with the command line switch '-noauto', but i suppose that this confuses you more than help you. Just try the previous method ;) .

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
I downloaded the old version of ePSXe and it seems to be running fine so far. It's not perfect, but nothing I cant live with.

Thanks alot for all your help guys!

·
Premium Member
21,977 Posts
what do you mean "not perfect"? just mention those minor problems and we can probably help you ;)

1 - 9 of 9 Posts