Next Generation Emulation banner
1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Yeah I know there's a big thing about people using Chrono Cross, but I'm having problems. I tried everythnig I've read on this site and it hasn't worked. Chrono Cross will play on epsxe1.60 but as soon as I click start-no vibration then it turns black and freezes. I downloaded pesxe1.52 and it works but as soon as I go into the status menu it freezes. I have all my settings correct and I've tried a bunch of other settings including Lord Kane's settings for Chrono Cross.

·
Premium Member
3,093 Posts
Enable 'odd/even bit hack' in the special fixes section of the gpu plugin (that is, if you are using one of pete's plugins). If it's not enough, you can try starting ePSXe with the -noauto command line switch. Anyways, unless you want us to play guess what? it would be helpful posting your pc specs, plugins and configs.

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
I didn't post them in the first place because I've been changing them around a lot so I'm never really stickin to a certain configurized setting for all my plugins. I can try that up there, also I am using Pete's plugins because it's been said to be the best plugin to use for chrono cross. I don't know what nuauto command line switch is.

·
Premium Member
3,093 Posts
"-noauto", without the quotes. It's an option you can only enable by starting epsxe from the command line (start->run->"cmd"<enter>, go to epsxe's folder and type "epsxe -noauto"), from a soft link (by adding "-noauto" in the "target" box), or from ePSXecutor (adding it in "command line switches").

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Thanks, that helped. I didn't need epsxe1.52 it works with 1.60 I just didn't know the special fix features had multiple check features. That's a releif, I didn't want to hull around 2 different epsxe's.

·
Premium Member
3,093 Posts
If you need to have different ePSXe's configurations, you can always use Delta or ePSXecutor. Both are frontends for epsxe that let you store various different configurations for specific games. Makes easy have every game with it's perfect configuration in a tidy and organized way.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts