Next Generation Emulation banner
1 - 2 of 2 Posts

· Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I've looked through all the info on this board about getting it to work, the sticky post above this section on Chrono Cross, and pretty much every other snippet of info I could find.

I have the game running in 1.5.2 fine, all menus and such are working great.

My problem occured when I quit(using file-quit, to avoid that glitch), and then booted up the emulator again.

Now CC won't recognise there is a mem card plugged in, no matter what I do or what file I select as the mem card. The save and load just doesn't work, both in game and at the load option on the main menu.

I know my 6+ hour save exists, because both the playstation bios menu and the memory editor PSXGameEdit can see it there. However, if I actually try to run CC and select the memory card from in there, the game simply will act like nothing is in the slot(in other words, selecting anything that will actually start reading slot 1 will not work).

On top of that, any attempts to make a new save now will also not work, even if I totally remove all the old mem card files and start fresh. It's like ePSXe has simply given up on emulating my mem cards within CC.

My memcard file is NOT read only. I've already checked that, as well as most of the other things listed on the threads I could find under a search for "Chrono Cross Saves", but far as I can tell, no one has any solution that actually works for this. Is there a glitch with the saving in ePSXe, or a way to force CC to know there is a card in slot 1?

Thanks in advance for info, advice, solutions, even just ranting or brainstorming(hey, every bit of info helps).

300happy

· Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter · #2 ·
Problem solved? Maybe.

Well that was silly of me. :hdbash:

I had my Game Cube controller* set up to use the right R axis as a button. Which would have worked great, except that I forgot the R axis on the GC controller actually goes from one end of the axis, through the middle, and then to the opposite side. Which basically meant I was ALWAYS holding down that button, and that button cancels the memory card reading in the menu. :eyemove:

All I need to do is hold down the silly axis so that it doesn't press that button while in the menu. Far as I can tell, that button is never used much anyway, so it shouldn't be any more of a problem beyond that menu.

I'm off to test this theory, to see if it works. I'll keep you posted. :)

(*I don't have a playstation adaptor, and I've got no budget to buy one yet either, college and all that stuff.)

1 - 2 of 2 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.