Next Generation Emulation banner
1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
10 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
I'm having some problems playing Chrono Cross on the latest version of ePSXe. Most of the game works well, but there are several major problems, including some noticeable slow-downs and graphics glitches. Here are my system-specs:

Athlon Thunderbird 1Ghz
Creative Labs 3D Annihilator 2 (GeForce 2 GTS)
Soundblaster AWE64 :)eek: ! Yes, this is ISA)

I'm using the nVidia Reference drivers, Detonator3 v14.61, because I have Windows XP, and the latest version of the Detonator4 drivers actually managed to crash my computer like 4 times, until I booted up in VGA mode and reinstalled the 14.61 drivers. To put it simply, nVidia's latest drivers suck compared to the older ones.

I use these plugins:

Plugin: Pete's OpenGL Driver 1.1.55
Author: Pete Bernert
Card vendor: NVIDIA Corporation
GFX card: GeForce2 GTS/AGP/3DNOW!

Resolution/Color:
- 1024x768 Fullscreen - NO desktop changing
- Keep psx aspect ratio: off

Textures:
- R8G8A8A8
- Filtering: 4
- Caching: 2

Framerate:
- FPS limitation: on
- Frame skipping: on
- FPS limit: 60

Compatibility:
- Offscreen drawing: 3
- Framebuffer texture: 2
- Alpha multipass: on
- Mask bit: off
- Advanced blending: on

Misc:
- Scanlines: off
- Line mode: off
- Unfiltered FB: off
- Dithering: off
- Full vram: off
- Game fixes: off [00000100]

Pete's DSound Audio Driver 1.2
- Enable XA Playing: on
- Change XA Speed: on
- Compatability Mode: 1 (High)
- SPU IRQ: off

The first problem I have is some rather noticeable graphics glitches while going into fight scenes. It used to slow down when this happened, until I enabled Frame Skipping. The next thing, was when [Early Game Spoiler] the Prophet of Time talks to you in the library, with Marcy, [/Spoiler] the little cutscene screws up. Like, the people will be there, and you can see the maps at the bottom, but about 80% of the top of the screen is black, including where the people are standing. I was using the Eternal SPU, until the [Early Game Spoiler:] movie right after the first time you fight Lynx, [/Spoiler] and the sound there didn't work. The Eternal SPU didn't play any sound, and Null2's caused some buzzing noises. This got fixed when I switched to Pete's, but Pete's screws up in some other places. Does anyone know how to fix these problems? Thanks in advance.

1 - 2 of 2 Posts