Next Generation Emulation banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
10 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
I'm having some problems playing Chrono Cross on the latest version of ePSXe. Most of the game works well, but there are several major problems, including some noticeable slow-downs and graphics glitches. Here are my system-specs:

Athlon Thunderbird 1Ghz
Creative Labs 3D Annihilator 2 (GeForce 2 GTS)
Soundblaster AWE64 :)eek: ! Yes, this is ISA)

I'm using the nVidia Reference drivers, Detonator3 v14.61, because I have Windows XP, and the latest version of the Detonator4 drivers actually managed to crash my computer like 4 times, until I booted up in VGA mode and reinstalled the 14.61 drivers. To put it simply, nVidia's latest drivers suck compared to the older ones.

I use these plugins:

Plugin: Pete's OpenGL Driver 1.1.55
Author: Pete Bernert
Card vendor: NVIDIA Corporation
GFX card: GeForce2 GTS/AGP/3DNOW!

Resolution/Color:
- 1024x768 Fullscreen - NO desktop changing
- Keep psx aspect ratio: off

Textures:
- R8G8A8A8
- Filtering: 4
- Caching: 2

Framerate:
- FPS limitation: on
- Frame skipping: on
- FPS limit: 60

Compatibility:
- Offscreen drawing: 3
- Framebuffer texture: 2
- Alpha multipass: on
- Mask bit: off
- Advanced blending: on

Misc:
- Scanlines: off
- Line mode: off
- Unfiltered FB: off
- Dithering: off
- Full vram: off
- Game fixes: off [00000100]

Pete's DSound Audio Driver 1.2
- Enable XA Playing: on
- Change XA Speed: on
- Compatability Mode: 1 (High)
- SPU IRQ: off

The first problem I have is some rather noticeable graphics glitches while going into fight scenes. It used to slow down when this happened, until I enabled Frame Skipping. The next thing, was when [Early Game Spoiler] the Prophet of Time talks to you in the library, with Marcy, [/Spoiler] the little cutscene screws up. Like, the people will be there, and you can see the maps at the bottom, but about 80% of the top of the screen is black, including where the people are standing. I was using the Eternal SPU, until the [Early Game Spoiler:] movie right after the first time you fight Lynx, [/Spoiler] and the sound there didn't work. The Eternal SPU didn't play any sound, and Null2's caused some buzzing noises. This got fixed when I switched to Pete's, but Pete's screws up in some other places. Does anyone know how to fix these problems? Thanks in advance.

·
Coffee Demon
2,907 Posts
Hmmm

Not sure how to aid you with sound issues although you may want to try enabling SPU IRQ (usually works good for Square games)..

As far as battle transitions..It sounds like your vid card is having problems with framebuffer textures....You could try FVP since you have a healthy CPU...but we suggest simply setting the framebuffer textures to "Black"

Compatibility:
- Offscreen drawing: 3
- Framebuffer texture: 1
- Alpha multipass: on
- Mask bit: off
- Advanced blending: on

·
Key To The Universe
2,712 Posts
Originally posted by mysticgohan42
Will the battle transitions show up if I change the framebuffer texture to black?
If you change framebuffer to black, you won't get those twisting and blurring effect, but you will get a major speed up in these parts.

·
<font color="#FF0066"><b>Advanced Newbie</b></font
5,797 Posts
Originally posted by Zephon

If you change framebuffer to black, you won't get those twisting and blurring effect, but you will get a major speed up in these parts.
but like it say, if you want speed you need to sacrifice graphics so is at your decision

1 - 6 of 6 Posts