Next Generation Emulation banner
1 - 15 of 15 Posts

· Registered
12 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi everyone..
has anyone found the fix for fixing the texture and pixel buffering for chrono cross?...
i have tried lots of video plugins and yet, it still comes up with pixelated characters (i can see the pixels coming on and off)..
for instance, in chrono cross, it degrades the graphics of the game...
its way more better playing on the console than on the computer even though i have decent computer specs, more decent than the console itself...

my computer specs are...
Intel PentiumR dual core processore 1.73GHz X 2
2GB DDR2 ram
Mobile Intel Graphics Media Accelerator X3100 - 358mb
160GB HDD

anyone wanna help me here?..
PS..
id love it if you post the best plugin to use for playing 3d games such as chrono cross and FFIX...
and how to improves its graphics for better gameplay... :D
:) :D

· God of Douchebagness™
15,294 Posts
there isnt anything you can do about the texture warping (im assuming that is what you have been referring to) since it is due to the psx console lacking a zbuffer. if the real thing doesnt have one neither will an emulator.

if it is that noticable for you its probably because you have the screen resolution cranked up way more than the standard psx resolution, therefore any visual anomalies are going to stand out more than they ususally do.if you were to turn it down to like 640x480 (or lower) it might make it a little better but you cannot get rid of it completely.

for your other questions, read over the FAQs and troubleshooting guides found at the top of each section, you will likely find what you are looking for in them.

· Banned
35,081 Posts
there isnt anything you can do about the texture warping (im assuming that is what you have been referring to) since it is due to the psx console lacking a zbuffer. if the real thing doesnt have one neither will an emulator.
Besides using the soft plugin.

· God of Douchebagness™
15,294 Posts
right but he seems to be shooting for the image quality>performance kind of thing.

· Registered
12 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
right but he seems to be shooting for the image quality>performance kind of thing.
isnt there anyway to improve this?..
and umm..
are there other plugins besides petes openGL that are compatible with intel video cards?
(besides D3D, D6 D3D and soft plugins)
cuz openGL only goes with ATI and nVid video cards..
and i have intel...
=/

· Banned
35,081 Posts
opengl 1.x works fine on intel gfx

· Registered
12 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 · (Edited)
opengl 1.x works fine on intel gfx
hmmm...
ive tried peops openGL driver 1.78 and pete's openGL driver 1.77 and espescially opengl2 drivers...
they don't work... =/
they give me a blank screen with a lil bit of green blocks on the middle...
the only video plugins that worked so far for me is pete's D3D driver and soft driver...
openGL's doesnt work...

· Banned
35,081 Posts
o_O

you might be using a GMA 900 or earlier then.

· Registered
12 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 · (Edited)
o_O

you might be using a GMA 900 or earlier then.
nope....
my one is GM965 express chipset family...
and its always up to date...
i update it once a week...
i reckon its either the plugin's problem or its with the emu or with the graphics driver?..
cuz ive been doing some research and a lot of people are having trouble with their openGL plugins with their intel vid cards...
having trouble even when their system specs are way higher than my one...
espescially playing 3d like games...
but D3D plugins work well though...
o_O

· God of Douchebagness™
15,294 Posts
intel generally has bad support for OGL, they are not really made for gaming either so thats probably why you are getting performance issues with it, stick to using the D3d or software plugins.

· God of Douchebagness™
15,294 Posts
not really, the D3d and software plugins should work pretty well for you, just dont go overboard on the filtering and resolution, you also might need to turn down or disable frame buffer effects as they require some real power in order to pull off smoothly. like i said earlier, intel chipsets are not made with gaming in mind, they are more for things like basic desktop work stuff and such.

if you really want to take full advantage over what the OLG2 and other hardware plugins are capable of its probably best if you get a AGP/PCI/PCI-E video card, depending on what your motherboard supports, and let it do the all the graphic work because you will see a difference in regards to the performance when using one.

dont let all this discourage you from using what you have now though, i mean you certainly can use your current hardware with epsxe but you will find yourself limited in what you can do with all the flashy effects and stuff, thats all for the most part.

· Registered
12 Posts
Discussion Starter · #15 ·
not really, the D3d and software plugins should work pretty well for you, just dont go overboard on the filtering and resolution. like i said earlier, intel chipsets are not made with gaming in mind, they are more for things like basic desktop work stuff and such.

if you really want to take full advantage over what the OLG2 and other hardware plugins are capable of its probably best if you get a AGP/PCI/PCI-E video card, depending on what your motherboard supports, and let it do the all the graphic work because you will see a difference in regards to the performance.

dont let all this discourage you from using what you have now though, i mean you certainly can use your current hardware with epsxe but you will find yourself limited in what you can do with all the flashy effects and stuff.

oo okay...
ill try and buy a new GFX card...
:))
THANKS FOR THE HELP! :D...
EVERYONE! THANKS AS WELL! :D...
:)

1 - 15 of 15 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.