Next Generation Emulation banner
1 - 14 of 14 Posts

· Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Thanks for looking over at me link! At the moment, I have Lynx, Harle and Sprigg in my party. I just talked to Commander Norris in the prison of Viper Manor. When I select "Confirm" for his name, the "Naming Screen" music just continues, and I see a black screen. Is this a glitch of ePSXe, or is it, for some strange reason unbeknowest to moi, a "feature" of the game? Help me! I think Norris is a required character (to get, not to include in the party, naturally), so that means that I gotta figure a way to do this! Arigato gazimus! Thank you very much! Reply with help! Lots of help! I'm dumb, so help. If you want, I can send you my saved game file on a memory card file. Whatever you need, just help!

· Premium Member
2,776 Posts
You can either press F7 like kairi00 said, or you can add "-cdinc" to the command line, and this problem will not happen again.

· Premium Member
2,776 Posts
Originally posted by Soylvak
In what command line are you talking about? and you do need Norris,Shinji.
Right-click ePSXe shortcut and add "-cdinc" to the command line there. Here's a screenshot: (my windows is portuguese)

· Premium Member
2,776 Posts
Originally posted by Soylvak
Whoa...and that will put the crono cross patch automaticly or something?
If I'm not mistaken, it corrects some timing problems. I think it corrects anothre game also, but I don't remember which one.

· Registered
143 Posts
according to other people who had the same problem as you, YES, -cdinc DOES do the same as f7, but u don't have to press anything...its just there!

it maynot work for EVERYONE (like me). It didn't work for me so i still have to press f7. The glitch does occur at different times for different people, and goes away too (varies for different people also). I'm at the end of the game, and have almost all the characters, and the glitch indeed went away (took LONG time tho)

· Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter · #13 ·
Thanks for helping out everyone! I can get Norris, and it works! The -cdinc worked great! There is one more problem however... When I see semi-movies (like when I die, when the Einlazer gets rid of the Masamune, when I appear at the Hydra Marshes from non-reality, etc.) then I only see the bottom part of the screen. Is that supposed to happen? If not, how can it be fixed?

1 - 14 of 14 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.