Next Generation Emulation banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
10 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Chrono Cross just crashes sporatically. There is no rhyme or reason to when it crashes, it just does -- sometimes in a battle, sometimes just when i'm walking around, even once when i wasn't even moving. And nothing was happening (i went to the bathroom, come back and BAM). I either get a "memory could not be read" error or one that says "This program has blah blah, creating error log." I'm running Win2K (and no, that has nothing to do with it). I have no idea what the hell is going on, cuz it really sux to be in he middle of a game and have it crash on you (as i'm sure everyone here has experienced). I'm using Pete's D3D6 Plugin with Pete's DSound plugin. Highest Texture quality, no off screen drawing or blending (I have a Kyro card, so this shouldn't be the prob). Emulated vram, no filtering and Dynamic Caching.

This ay have nothing to do with it as i'm thinking the prob is probably with epsxe or the bios (i'm using 7502 btw)... Someone pleez help, i love this game...

·
Registered
3,258 Posts
well, i doesnt seem like an ePSXe prob... but u could delete the folder and all the ePSXe reg keys and try to install it again...

·
Key To The Universe
2,712 Posts
Check if you have the latest drivers for all your cards. Also make sure there is no other program running in the background.

·
Registered
10 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
It usually blacked out when i entered, or tried to enter, the menu screen. it's not a driver prob, i figured it out (i think -- at least it hasn't crashed yet) It seems that the OpenGL Plugin works better than the d3d6 plugin even though the Kyro has crappy OpenGL support. I'll post again if the prob keeps up, but i think it is fixed. Thanx anyway...

·
Registered
3,716 Posts
Originally posted by Zephon
Check if you have the latest drivers for all your cards. Also make sure there is no other program running in the background.
I agree with you, Zephon. I had the same problem until I realized that my drivers aren't the newest versions. Try that, and make sure Microsoft Word 2001 isn't opened at the same time...they seem to cause the most frequent crashes out of any program that I open :wink:

1 - 5 of 5 Posts